Friday, September 07, 2007

trial run at dance class

So Stacey talked me into going with her to take the girls to a dance/tumbling class.
I decided, what the hell... it's free, it's not sitting at home, it could make for some cute pictures.
I fought against the urge to buy Lucy a leotard to wear just the once, and threw her in some shorts. We did, however, do ballerina buns in her hair, with big bows! ;-)
I've been toying with the idea of dance for a while, but always figured- eh. Not my kid. She is too much of free spirit, and too spirited.
I figured- she won't do this. She'll hang on my leg and refuse to go in.
She went in.
I figured- well, she won't listen to the teacher. She'll run around like a wild child.
She obeyed almost every word out of the teacher's mouth.
I figured- she has zero coordination. This won't go well.
She was a friggin' SUPERSTAR in there!
And she fell head over heels in love with the teacher. Wanted to hold her hand, sit in her lap, hug her, and just beamed when she was praised! (it would have been even better if the teacher would have called her LUCY instead of Hailee... but what are you gonna do? lol)

So here is some video of my superstar's first attempt at tapping. She's not perfect- but you can tell she really wants to do well, and I think she will!
I had to LMAO when the teacher was showing them the arm movements and says "Now PUSH!" Well... my very literal child ran up and pushed her. Whoops.
Luckily, Miss Tanya seems to have a good deal of patience!
And then you have lots of hand holding, flopping, and the typical, physical "Lucy-love," that might look like she's trying to kill you.

If you don't know, the little dark haired girl is her school friend, Hailee.

Wait for the end- it's the cutest part!
...and don't listen to whatever Stace and I are gabbing on about. We couldn't really hear the girls- so it's just random chit chat. Not gossip, thank goodness! ;-)
If you can find a way to mute us- please do!



When we got home, I made her a special bento lunch- all cut into stars, because I am one proud momma. :-D

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sooooooo cute! I love the "push" being taken literally! Made me laugh out loud!

Looks like you might have a dancer on your hands, yay!

I can't wait for Keeley to be big enough for such fun!

Brandie said...

OMG how cute is that???!!! She's really rockin that out!

Nicole said...

I can't see the video! :( I'll try again later- I want to see your little dancer!