Sunday, September 16, 2007

Too cool for preschool!



After a 2 week trial run- Lucy and I came to the conclusion that we don't like the "preschool" aka daycare that she was attending.
Call me spoiled- but the preschool Jacob went to last year completely rocked my socks. (Logistically- there is no way Lucy can go there. But I may try to finagle it for next year...)
The daycare/MDO that Lucy was going to just wasn't cutting it for me.
Sure- daycare is fine, if that is what you want. I happen to be staunchly opposed to daycare for MY kids.
MDO is great- for socialization, learning to be separate, and for mom to have a break. Again- not what I want.

And more importantly, Lucy didn't like it.
Sure- she looked "okay" enough while she was there. A little lost at times, not really interacting... but she was fine.
She cried at 2 of the 4 drop offs, and told me that she cried after I left on the other 2 days.

I asked her if she wanted to go back and she said "No thank you, I want to stay with you."
I stressed and fretted for days, until Cotton shed some light on it for me. "You don't HAVE to send her. She doesn't HAVE to go." He basically told me- if If don't like it, and Lucy doesn't like it- then we're stupid for paying for her to go, and forcing her to go, and making everyone miserable. Errr.... DUH!!!

And ya know what? She's 3! Not 4, certainly not 5... she is my little angel baby (but please don't ell her I called her the b-word!).
If she wants to be with me- then she can BE WITH ME dammit!
I have no desire to send her off. I am totally miserable and lonely without her. Maybe that makes me pathetic and overly attached, but oh well. If the worst thing you can say about me is that I love my kids too much- bring it on.

Besides (and this is a new favorite word in little miss' vocabulary), she can use her time to do something more productive, that we both enjoy. Like working on her tapdancing career. Or exploring her cutting edge fashion sense (see above). Or writing all over herself with markers, and drinking mustard from a glass (which reminds me- we are out of mustard again).

So- my little sidekick is a preschool drop out. And we are both thrilled with the decision!
If only I could find a way to keep Jacob with me (and make him not love kindergarten anymore- because he DOES), that would be the next step in my diabolical plan. Muahahahahahaha....

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Awwww...she's so cute Krysta. I'm glad you decided to take her out if it wasn't working for you both. And, no, you can't love your kids too much! :)

Shannon said...

Now you have more time to play with us! :)

And she can go to PESH next year with Ben.

Brandie said...

I think its a GREAT decision! Now you guys could come have lunch with me! lol just kidding...have fun!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you so need to home school.

Chelsea said...

Great decision!!! And she IS too cool for school! Enjoy some more Lucy/Mamma time!

Anonymous said...

Aww! Could Lucy be any cuter!! I love her pics with her little smiley face! I know you made the right decision! You're an awesome mommy!

Rebecca said...

Mmm... did you say mustard again? ;)

Seriously, though, I'm glad you are all happy again!

So, Jacob is loving pre-school now? We want to hear more! :D