Saturday, September 29, 2007

More Lucy antics

I have to catch up...

My sweet, loving, and affectionate daughter has developed quite the attitude towards her "boys."
Firstly- there is no more "Jacob and Daddy." They are simply "BOYS!"

Heaven forbid the boys get too noisy, aka breathe too loudly, in her vicinity. She's all exasperated: "Be quiet Daddy- I am trying to color." "Daddy- don't talk with food in your mouth." "Daddy- I am twying to concentwate!"
Maybe we shouldn't let her talk that way but she is SO FUNNY! And she knows she is being a nut- lots of times she follows it up with a giggle "I'm just kitten!"
If she wasn't so genuinely sweet and loving- I might be concerned. But she is completely enamored with Cotton, and happens also to have his sense of humor- so I think we are safe with a little teasing!

We were out in the backyard over the weekend. Cotton and the kids were playing football.
The boys got a bit wrapped up in chasing and tackling each other- and didn't throw Lucy the ball for a while.
She stood up on a chair and yelled
"Throw it to me! I'm over here, throw it to me boys!" about 30 times to no avail.
The next thing I hear is "HEY KNUCKLEHEAD! Throw it to ME!"
I nearly fell out of my chair I was laughing SO hard!
Cotton stopped and said "who's a knucklehead?"
She replied matter-of-factly "You are Daddy."

The child is also becoming obsessed with football.
Ask her who the quarterback for the Cowboys is. She knows.
And if you ask her who "the guy" is, she'll tell you it's Marion Barber!

Oh, and don't (JOKINGLY) threaten to eat the dog. That really freaks her out for some reason. I learned this the hard way, through a long fit of tears.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww! I just can't wait to meet this adorable Lucy!!! She is just too sweet and funny for words! :) Hope you had a great weekend! GO COWBOYS!!!!

Rebecca said...

Adorable!

Knucklehead... has me laughing so hard!! :D

Chelsea said...

LOL! Knucklehead...what a doll. She cracks me up! And yay for a little Cowboys fan!