She said "I do?!"
"Yes, you do."
Then she throws her tiny little hands up in the air and exclaims "But WHAT am I going to WEAR?"
(insert giddy, girly, squealy noise here!)
How friggin cute can she be?
So we went into her closet, and I pulled out her stash of new school clothes. I gave her like 5 outfits to choose from- seeing that this was a huge day in her life.
She went with my personal favorite (and what she would have worn if *I* had chosen), the strawberries!
We had to lay everything out, right down to strawberry ponytail holders, red socks, "diamond" shoes, and her Care Bear panties.
The next morning, all dolled up. Could she BE any more adorable?
She really wanted a "pink starfish cookie" for breakfast. She sat on the couch, with her backpack close at hand, and nervously nibbled it.
We had one clingy episode- but mostly, she just seemed really excited!

A little cameo by an old pro at this school stuff.
Mr Batman GQ
I managed to get them to stand together in the yard for like 2 seconds.
Note the ear holding- my little bundle of nerves
try #2. Still no smiles- but I'll take what I can get.
Walking in. Again I ask you- could this child get one teeny bit cuter?

How about a classic Lucy "cheeze face?"
When we got there, she was really not all that nervous.
She didn't want to go to the potty, and kept looking out to make sure I hadn't snuck off on her. lol.
But when I did finally say "Go play with your friends, mommy has to go now." She took off and never looked back.
I felt really lost and confused, and lingered around the door a bit- hoping for at least a kiss or a wave. No such luck.
She was incredibly happy to see me at 11:30, though. Ran right up and wrapped around my leg. :-D
She didn't have a lot to say about her first day at school. She told me she had a pop tart for snack, and that she played on the playground. That's about it.
Today's drop off was about a thousand times worse that Tuesday's. I was a mess, she was a mess. But she seemed to have an okay day after I left. Her teacher said she was "fine."
I'm really hoping for some better luck next week!
And as for my big boy- drop offs have gotten pretty darn easy with him.
He still wants me to walk him in, which is fine by me.
He jumps in line with his class, and walks away from me- without even looking back.
I wish he would look back. :-( He was so cute those first couple of days, waving and blowing kisses.
I guess he's just too cool for that stuff now. After all, he's been in kindergarten almost 2 weeks. Lol.



No comments:
Post a Comment