yes, we still have her. Lol.
It's been a big week for Jacob, and last night was a big night for the belly- but I've got some Lucy stuff to post soon as well. I just have to empty the camera AGAIN- after I get the shot I want of what I want to blog about. Lol.
She had her "going to preschool" check up yesterday...
The verdict says she is perfectly perfect.
The nurse practitioner that we saw was concerned that she is very slightly overweight, and wanted to go further into that issue. Her BMI is 99 and they like it to be 95, or something like that.
BUT when she went and talked to Lucy's actual pediatrician he stopped that train in it's tracks. No nutritionist. No sticking my baby for cholesterol or blood sugar tests. She's always been a monster at the top of the charts (currently 95% in height 99% in weight), even when she was exclusively breastfeeding.
Dr A said that as long as she holds steady, stays on her curve- we are fine. She'll stretch out as she gets older. :)
Oh, and the stats:
Right on track developmentally.
Smart, sweet, adorable.
Gorgeous hair. Yes, the nurse said that ;-)
A very EXTREME anxiety concerning the dr's office (poor baby cried for over an hour while we were there)
One shot. A Hep A booster. Required for school. :-(
Her hearing, vision, and BP couldn't be checked- because she was shaking and crying too hard.
41 inches (although I think she was leaning, so more like 43-44)
and, are you ready for this?
*
*
*
*
*
fifty three pounds. 53 lbs!!!!
The nurse asked me, as we were running down the list of developmental questions: "Is she a picky eater?"
Lmbo! Does she LOOK like a picky eater?
I'm so glad that her doctor backed me up on her weight. I know she is healthy. She gets lots of exercise. She eats lots of good foods. She's just a big girl, slightly chunky, DEFINITELY not obese! With the genetics she has- is it any wonder she is built like a brick house? I'm really shocked that Jacob is so wiry!
(and have to say- yes, Shannon, you were right. You told me a lot of this before I went, but I was still worried about what the dr would say- I worry. I can't help it)
Pictures of my beautiful 53lbs-of-chunky-baby-love to come later.
Yet More Feeling Better Girl Lunches
1 year ago



1 comment:
Way to go Doc. Don't you dare let anyone say she is overweight. whoever does obviously does not know her and her energy. Any kid who runs around as much as she does can not be overweight. She is so active, there is no need to worry about her. Silly Nurse.
Miss Lucy is just PERFECT!
Post a Comment