I guess I haven't updated on my little school boy lately.
He is doing AWESOME!
I am really proud of him, and really relieved.
He gets up in the morning, groggy, but without complaint.
He gets dressed and has actually learned to eat a little something before school- whether he wants to or not. 11:30 is a long time to be hungry!
Drop offs have gotten to be pretty much seamless.
We stroll in, he gives me a lightning fast peck, looks around to see if anyone was watching, and then goes to sit with his class. I stroll out, looking to see if he's watching me leave- he never is!
He has been having so much fun, making friends, learning a little Spanish here and there. It's a slow process, but every word he picks up is a step in the right direction! He's got 6 years to go in this program- and I am really excited for him!
He loves his "coaches" in PE. He won the freeze dance the other day, "Everyone else got 'out!'"- and he LOVES the freeze dance.
Homework, so far, is pretty quick and painless. Very simple stuff. He actually enjoys doing it with me, and I love watching him breeze through it, and then write his whole name across the top.
In the afternoons he begs to go outside and ride bikes with his friends, and as long as I am feeling up to standing in the road- he gets to.
There is a little 4yo boy that just moved in across the street, and another little kindergartener down the street, and between them and their little sisters- they tear up M. lane! Lol!
When his head hits the pillow at night, he is out like a light.
Our life is definitely different now, but it was such an unbelievably smooth transition. Everyone is thriving on the new schedule- everyone is happy!
Oh, and today Jacob has school pictures! As we were walking in the school, him in nicely ironed (can you believe that?) khakis, his favorite plaid batman shirt, and his bat-symbol converse- he told me "I look *GOOD* today for picture day!" I asked him to show me his picture smile, and it was awesome- spot on! I told him "Smile like that and Mommy will go broke buying the prints!"
Yet More Feeling Better Girl Lunches
1 year ago



4 comments:
I am sooo happy to hear that Jacob is loving school! Remember how worried we both were about our little Kindergarteners? And look how they have soared!
I can't wait to see his school pic...I know it will be adorable!
yay Jacob! So glad he's doing well and enjoying school. :) (Chloe, too!)
Yippee!! I'm so glad he's doing so well!
I can't wait to see those pics! :)
I am so glad he is doing so well for you! :o)
Post a Comment