Monday, August 06, 2007

The Greatest Show on Earth


So we decided that this year, Lucy is actually old enough (mature enough) to go to things like the circus.
It was time for the family to go visit old Barnum and Bailey!

I didn't take any pictures of the actual circus... I was more interested in capturing the people watching it. :-)

At the preshow- clown noses are FUN!


Here we go... getting into our seats


Just try to look at these clowns without smiling!




Mmmm... Cotton Candy

(after licking that piece for about 5 minutes- she decided I should eat it. Yummm...)

And Cotton candy fingers are pretty tasty, too!


Here's a new alternative to nail biting, clown nose biting!


I really wish I had gotten more pictures- but between two little ones that hadn't napped, someone having to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes, and actually trying to watch the circus myself...
This is all I got.

And my review:
Either I've gotten bigger, or the circus has gotten smaller.
While I really enjoyed it, it seemed very SHORT and SMALL. And very "Disney-ish," in Cotton's words.
Videos of talking elephants, a storyline of a little boy, and a female hostess singing through most of it. Definitely not the 3 ring circus I expected, or remember watching as a kid.
But there were lots of cool acts. I oohed and aahhed for 2 hours, minus the intermission. Lucy loved the music, and danced and clapped through most of the show. Jacob loved the motorcycles.
We all loved the pizza, haha.

Definitely worth doing. We probably won't go every year, though- unless they expand it back out a bit. The mini-circus didn't exactly blow us away. It was actually PERFECT for the preschool bunch- short, sweet, to the point. But for ME, I wanted MORE!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

We were disappointed, too. Last year's was MUCH better, IMO. I sure hope they return to a 3-ring circus next time around!

Rebecca said...

Aw, how cute was that??!!