Sunday, August 05, 2007

My Sunday

I woke up, felt sick.
Lucy was pulling the covers off, saying "Wet's wake up, Momma. Wet's wake up."
Ugh... I tell her to turn on the TV and cuddle with me- she happily obliges.

I get out of bed after 3 episodes of Caillou, and start scrounging for something to eat.
The dog is whining- but I don't want to deal with him yet.

I finally settle on cheese crackers, and let the kids fend for themselves. They wanted cereal. Cool.

After my crackers calm my tummy, I decide to let the kids swim.
Get them into bathing suits, sunblocked, and out in the backyard.
I also finally let the dog out, but I don't feed him yet. Dog food smells yucky.

I start looking for their new wading pool. It's not in the shed- I SWEAR I left it in the shed. Not in the pantry, not in the garage. I call Cotton, a little pissy, and ask him WTF he was thinking, throwing away a brand new in package wading pool. He says he didn't.
Whatever. We'll go buy a new one.

I put some clothes on. By this pint the MS is back, and hitting hard.
I skip the food step and go straight to Zofran (the miracle drug).

Zofran kicks in, the kids and I have lunch. I finally feed Emmitt.
I get the kids dressed to go to the dollar store, lock up the dog, and out the front door we go.
Dig in my purse for 20 minutes, looking for keys, before remembering that Cotton had them last. Herd the kids back inside, and go on a key hunt.
15 minutes later, I call Cotton- a little pissier. "Where the hell is the truck key!?" He says to look in his shorts pocket. Oh, right- the shorts I just put in the washer? Niiiice.
Luckily, the washe is done.
I unload the dryer, then load the dryer with the wet clothes.
Lo and behold, lying on the bottom of the washer- the truck key!

I re-hustle the children out the door, into the car, and we head to the store.
I need a pool, razors, and something to kill flies.

We emerge 45 minutes later with 3 pools, 2 beach towels, oreos, strawberry newtons, a bag of doritos, 4 squirt guns, fun size kit-kats for ME, a jar of arnica... and some other stuff. My bank account $40some-odd lighter.
No razors. Nothing for the flies.

We get home, I get the kids undressed, blow up the pool, throw it in the backyard...
Now where is the dang WATER HOSE!?!?!?
I go look right outside the gate 3 times, and it is NOT there. GAWD!
I check the other side of the house, the garage twice... aaargh... Cotton is seconds away from a third pissy phone call.
Go back out to the gate, and *poof* There it is, but on the neighbor's side. Pregnancy brain strikes again.

Fill up the pool, turn on the sprinkler- the kids are in hog heaven. I break out some frozen go-gurt to top it off. Woohoo...
I got some really cute pictures of them splashing down, cool.

Go back inside and get ready to tackle the hurricane zone that used to be my house.
I pull the 2 remaining new pools from the bags (hey, they were marked down- and we go through them quick!) and try to think of a suitable place to store them. Ummm... I guess the hall closet will work.
Go open it, and out falls something on my feet. I say this with my head ducked in shame- it was the "old" new pool. Oops.
I call Cotton and half-ass apologize, blaming hormone induced ditziness. He laughs at me, and laughs harder when I tell him about the water hose fiasco.

I finish cleaning the house, and collapse on the couch, and watch a lifetime movie. Cotton comes home, takes Jacob fishing, and here we are. Lucy and I are vegging out and have plans to do a little more swimmin' in a minute.

Pictures to follow at some point tonight. I don't feel like loading them, and I have a whole weekend full to edit and share. So that gives you something to look forward to tomorrow. Lol.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

LOL! That's all I can think to say! :D