Saturday, August 25, 2007

Darn spammers!

Someone was spamming from my address, so for safety's sake- my ISP shut me down for a couple of days. Hence the 3 day absence...

So, here's what you've missed:

We met Jacob's teachers- both his official kindergarten/homeroom teacher and his Spanish teacher.
Both were very sweet, and eased a few of my fears.
He'll have art class twice a week. Computer lab once a week. Music. PE. All the good stuff. Afternoon snacks in the classroom. Rest time, but not nap time.
I'm still nervous as all get-out, and downright WEEPY for the past few days. But I am feeling slightly better.

I've also come to a very guilty realization.
In all of the hullabaloo about kindergarten- Lucy and her preschool are really on the backburner.
She keeps reminding me "I'm going to school too, momma!"
Yes, you are, my angel. And I have vowed to make a bigger fuss about it from this point forward!
I have a "day of beauty" all planned for next Monday, and a HUGE deal will be made over laying out her outfit- right down to sock and bows. A mani/pedi for her. I may even see if I can get her in for :gasp: her first haircut. (meaning, teeny little trim of the dead ends, and following the natural shape that her gorgeous curls grow- I am not ready for any change!)

I've been saying this whole time: I am not really upset over sending her. I'm ready.

While I am ready, and not upset- I may be fooling myself. I think actually letting go of her and driving away will hit me pretty hard!
We've been attached at the hip for 3 1/2 yrs. I know this will be really really good for both of us- but dayum. She is my baby. My little sidekick. I won't know how to do anything without her!
I certainly don't plan to run errands or have any fun while she's at school. It just wouldn't feel right! I can come home and clean (or nap) and save the shopping trips for when I have someone to talk to. ;-)

I've been SO focused on kindergarten. On Jacob growing up and being gone so much... 6 hours a week of preschool seemed pretty insignificant. But it is a HUGE step for Miss Baby (who ADAMANTLY denies being a baby of any sort- "Your BABY is in your tummy," she tells me, "I'm a BIG kid now."). Ouch. Right through the heart.

2 comments:

Brandie said...

*hugs*

Rebecca said...

Can't wait to see Lucy's first day!

I'm so looking forward to mani/pedi days with Keeley, too! :)