Friday, February 15, 2008

36 weeks! and TGIF.

It's been a hell of a week!
We made it through, so here's the short version...

Baby update-
We are TERM! Baby Sam is officially cleared and safe to make his appearance.
Now I have to get READY!!!
I hope to get all of my birth supplies bought and ready this weekend. I've already got a few things, and just have a few more to go.
I gained 5lbs in the last 2 weeks! Eeek! Cori didn't care in the least, but it was still kind of a shocking number to see! I'm now back at my pre-pregnancy weight. It only took me 8.5 months to get here! lol. Now I can officially start "gaining." :-P
I gained 19 with Jacob, and 11 with Lucy. I think Sam will be the big winner (or loser?) in the weight gained contest. I am still just a girl with a humongous belly. It is starting to look like that thing could explode at any moment! It's still very high, but the shape is changing... pics to come later.
I've got heartburn from hell. It literally takes my breath away, and makes me cough. Ouch. If the heartburn=hair theory is true at all, I am carrying the next Chewbacca! Seriously.
Samuel is still head down. Not moving out of his little spot.
His heart rate is good, and he is reactive to being touched.
I am looking great, other than the fact that my IRON is crazy low. I have to double up on my supplements- that is how bad it is. It was like 7.2 or 7.6.
The only explanation we could come up with was stress. Stress depletes the iron stores in your body, and boy have I got stress. More stress right now than anyone should ever have- but especially someone who is trying to properly grow a person in her womb. Things are starting to calm down, though. And if I've made it this far- I've got one toe on the finish line. I'll make it, we'll all make it, and in a few weeks- life will return to NORMAL for this little family. Normal + a new little person to love.
Doesn't that sound like heaven?

Lucy:
Her birthday went really well!
Sat night we went to order a cake, and couldn't get the one she wanted. She was incredibly upset. To cheer her up, I offered to let her pick a new dress to wear for her little dinner out.
Sooo.... we bought a pink dress. Duh. Then she asked for a pink purse. Okay, we can do that. While looking at purses, she found a pink "pearl" necklace and bracelets set. And then a sparkly pink bracelet. Oh, and a pink headband. Well, what's an outfit without accessories?
Then she needed shoes. She didn't have any shoes to match her dress. Pink sequined mary janes were the only option, of course.
I nearly had a heart attack paying for the outfit- but you only turn 4 once, right? And gosh was she ever happy!
She kept kissing me and kissing my hand and telling me "I'm SOOO happy. I LOVE my birthday." Awww....
The child has been lavished with gifts, including only about 3,679 barbies. And there are still a few presents floating around out there to be collected.
And now she's 4. Wow.

Jacob:
Doing fabulous, of course. Nothing to report with him.
His first game is tomorrow, but the weather report looks like it will be rained out.
I went to his V-day party at his school yesterday. It was nice to spend a short time just focusing on him. I think that he gets lost in the shuffle around here. He's so quiet, easygoing, low maintenance. Easy to ignore when there are so many wheels squeaking LOUDLY for my attention!
The little sweetie talked his Nana into taking him to buy me a rose for Valentines Day. One for Lucy, too, in fact. I love that kid!

Cotton:
Well that is a long story that I won't put here.
He has had a serious roller coaster ride with this injury.
Things are looking much better, but he's probably been overusing his arm since he FEELS better, and has been in more pain over the past day or so.
He's going stir crazy and is ready to get out of this house, but he really can't drive... :-(
He goes back to the doctor next Tuesday. Hopefully we'll get some great news.

I've got birthday pictures, baby shower pictures, and other random pictures to post.
At some point. But not right now. Right now I am tired...

5 comments:

Gayle said...

Hi - I'm a lurker that stumbled upon your blog and just felt the need to post a comment to you today. I love your positive attitude and can relate to the stresses in your life with raising two kids and trying to support your husband the best you can. While I don't have a 3rd child on the way, I can only imagine the pressures! He will truly be a blessing.

Basically, I just wanted you to know that I enjoy your blog - hope you don't mind my lurking. :) I'm just another Mom like you but in CA and I know it's nice to know people are thinking of you and wishing you happy thoughts and prayers.

CNH said...

Hey you, take it easy! I know how shitty I felt at a 9.....I would have been flat at 7.5

Chug that Floradix!!!! 9(((HUGS))))

Tuesday, right? ;)

Shannon said...

*Hugs* Hope it is going better for y'all. I want to see pictures!

Rebecca said...

Hang in there!! You're doing amazingly well under all that stress. I hope you are getting a little time for R&R each day.

Can't wait for pics of the pink outfit! :D

Chelsea said...

Wow, lots going on!
Looking forward to all the pics! I bet Lucy looked adorable in her dress.