Tuesday, February 26, 2008

38/39 week update

I'm measuring 40 weeks. For those that might not know it, that is all the way. Lol.
I've actually lost a lb or 3, which Cori says is very normal right before delivery.
My BP is a little high, and I am swelling a little bit. Yuck.
But my IRON is 10.2!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!
Sam is still in the perfect position to make his exit. We just have to wait for him to decide to come out. His heart sounds great and he is a lovely baby from what anyone can tell. ;-)

Flu update:
Jacob is doing really great. Back at school.
Lucy is showing a big improvement as of today. Still coughing and clingy, but no fever.
...and as for ME... I am going round 2 with this crap. I have fever, chills, every inch of my body hurts. I've gone through more tissues than one human should use in a year.
As long as I keep my fever under control, there is no danger to the baby or the delivery. But damn if it isn't going to suck giving birth if I feel this awful... :-(
Cotton is scared to death. He doesn't cope well with me being sick. He's trying to call my doctor for some help or at least reassurance. And I'm fine with that. I don't enjoy feeling like death warmed over- so if there is anything we can do, I'm all over it.

2 comments:

CNH said...

Oh no, no, no!!!! I just asked Cori how you were doing when I saw her on Monday. I was SO worried you might get that dang sickness. Again, the comparison with Noah's birth is just eerie! I gave birth to him with a bad chest cold and I felt horrid. Good news was that it didn't affect my birth or the glorious days afterward as I was already on the mend. I do hope Sam waits to come until after you are all well and healthy. It will be SO much easier that way.

(((((gentle hugs))))))

Rebecca said...

Hope you're feeling better by now.

Come on out, Sam!! :D