Sunday, February 10, 2008

Get your tissues ready!

Heaven knows I need mine.
Tomorrow will mark 4 years of having the most amazing girl in the world in my life.



And though I loved her with every fiber of my being 4 years ago, somehow I love her even more today. Every day.
As she grows, so does my heart. As she becomes her own person, I find new reasons to adore her, respect her, and cherish her.

I'll be a basket case tomorrow. Their birthdays are so wonderful, and yet so hard.
A friend told me today, as we talked about her brand new son "I forgot where I put those time-freezing tablets."
I told her to PLEASE find them, and send me half. I've gone and let 2 of my babies turn into children (or in Lucy's case, a "grown up," lol).
This next one is just going to have to stay little. He has no choice. He is going to have to just be the baby for the rest of his life!
Last time I had a baby, I ordered her to stay little. And she did. For a while. But now she's turning 4, and changing SO much, and becoming a big sister...

and I love her SO much. She is just the most beautiful person, inside and out. I think I'll go snuggle in next to her and smell the vanilla sweetness of that mop of curls.
I hope she doesn't mind just a few little tears... I am extremely pregnant after all...

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday to a precious 4 year old!
I hope it's a beautiful day for both of you!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday, sweet little girl!

Rebecca said...

Awwwww!! HUGS!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LUCY!!!

Dawn Endres said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!

Anonymous said...

Aww! I can't wait to meet cutie pie Lucy someday! I hope she had a wonderful day!