Friday, February 22, 2008

another one bites the dust

Well, it happened. Lucy fell victim to the flu. :-(

She is SO DARNED miserable.
Poor baby has been downright burning up. She woke up several times during the night, just glossy eyed and bewildered, and HOT. Crying and confused, not knowing why the hell she felt so bad.
It really breaks my heart to see my babies in pain. It's the worst kind of helpless feeling ever.

So she's on the tamiflu. And she is on very regular doses of motrin and tylenol. And I spoon fed her some jello for breakfast. Cotton went and got her a nice sprite from Sonic- so she is sipping on that and watching Spongebob. What a sweetie!

Jacob is back to 100% (and literally climbing the walls) but since he slept ALL DAY yesterday, he was up really late last night. We kept him home for one last day, and he and his daddy have gone out for lunch and haircuts and more supplies for the sickie girl.
I'm glad- they both needed that. Cotton is going to be in agony from driving, but what can you do?
Hopefully little man won't miss any more school for a while, unless the baby decides to come during those school hours. Then there will be a mad rush to get big brother home before he misses anything!

I am laying around on my big old butt today.
Yes, there are things to be done. But I don't wanna.
I want to play on the computer while I CAN, lol, and watch TV and rub Lucy's back.
And that is just what I am going to do right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't pick on Jacob for sleeping all day! Hehe...poor little guy was so upset about that. Let me know if you need some help. I will be in the Pilot Point and off work for a little while...I don't know how much my sickly body has to offer, but 2 preggos are better than one, right?

CNH said...

Flu Flu stay away! I'm so fearful of getting either strain going around. I have been washing my hands like a mad woman for weeks. We went to Walmart last night and all I could think was that it was a huge petri dish! ROFL!