As Jacob and I gnawed on our Grandy's fried chicken, again, because mommy HAD to have it (it's not so much the chicken, as the jalepenos that I eat with it...mmmm... spicy goodness) we had a talk. We were actually discussing the rolls with the honey on them. Which Jacob LOVES.
He said
"I don't like the bread. I just want the honey."
I said "You can't eat JUST honey.You aren't a bee." He laughs. "OR a Pooh Bear," I add.
"But I am YOUR Pooh Bear," he reminds me. As if I need reminding.
"Yes, you are my little Pooh. Can I tell your school friends that you're my little Pooh Bear?"
The HORROR! His face shows that he is truly appalled, and he says
"NO! They would laugh and say you treat me like a baby!"
Of course- I would never do that to my child. Not this one, anyway. Well, Not at the tender age of 5 1/2. Maybe at 15.
We also had a lesson on the word *embarrass*, and he has that down pat now. Along with a promise that I will not embarrass him by calling him "my little Pooh" in front of anyone. :-P
He amazes me every day now. Just by acting like, I dunno. A big person. Talking about things I never taught him. Saying phrases that he didn't learn from me or Cotton. It's so odd.
Lucy also learned a new word tonight. She couldn't wait to impress Daddy with her knowledge.
She ran into the room bursting with information:
"DADDY! Poop juice is called diarrhea! Remember?" (remember? is her newest thing. She says it often, but does not always use it properly. lol)
Oh, and I caught Cotton singing "I don't. Like. Candycorn." tonight. Lmao! What an earworm that one is. I've had it in my head for weeks now!
I love my family. Theya re truly the coolest people I know!
Yet More Feeling Better Girl Lunches
1 year ago



4 comments:
Aw, that's sweet!! At 4, Luken is sometimes fun like that. I am looking very forward to 5 by the way you describe it! :D
haha! How cute and funny!!! I also can't wait for conversations like this! Ya'll are too cool :)
lmao...
great thanks...now i have that damn song in my head again....
and i LUB candy corn...
hehehe! How Cute!!
Post a Comment