Saturday, October 20, 2007

the kids are in bed

Cotton is working a late party. Emmitt is passed out somewhere.

The trim is UP! My house is so close to being done!
We still have to do the front bathroom. The kids' rooms still need that top inch painted, and I refuse to climb on a ladder. Cotton may get to it tomorrow.
I need to put the stripe on Jacob's room, and make his curtains. Also a good possibility for tomorrow.

I would post a picture of the living room- but my camera is d.e.a.d. The batteries are, anyway.

I'm having a very quiet, boring evening.
Fighting with a friend over a stroller. A very cool stroller. Being sold on the mom's board by another mommy.
First it was "I want to buy it." "NO, it's mine you beeyatch!"
But now we have progressed to"You take it sweetie. I already have one." "No, YOU take it. I told my husband I wouldn't shop this week."
So... we'll see how it ends.
It IS a cool stroller. I DO already have a stroller (or 2), and probably DON'T need to spend the money. But I love it so. Lol.

I am also in the market for a new maya wrap. Trying to trade the purple one for a more masculine color.
I had the deal done until I noticed some damage on the tail of mine. :-(
I don't even rememeber that being there- but there it is. I can fix it EASILY (cut 3 inches off and hem it), but I can't sell it as "perfect," and the girl I was swapping with had a brand spanking new one. I didn't feel right about that trade once I noticed the damage on mine. Damn conscience. :-S

I purged many girl clothes. MANY!
My little neighbor girly has loked so cute the past 2 days in dresses I had handmade for Lucy.
I kept my very favorites, of course, but she got quite a few!
I even gave her cutie patootie sister a dress that Lucy wore on her first Christmas. One of the 2, and not my favorite, get out the tissues- sentimental one!

Not much else going on. Just working on beautifying the house, and making room to get ready for Sam!

It looks like we've landed a crib already. We'll see if it pans out.
Brittany brought over some tiny red chucks that were Lucy's, then Kelsie's- awwww... and a floppy seat to replace the one ding-dong threw away (after I TOLD him not to!).
Oh, and a crib sized duvet cover for me to copy! Yay! I can start sewing for Sammy's bed now!
I still need a pattern for the rest of the bedding- but that requires a trip to the fabric store... which is 9 thousand miles away... so I can wait!

I am tagging along on Jacob's field trip Wednesday.
Following the bus, and carpooling with the mom of his crush (which seems to be fizzling out, thank goodnes, lol)!
I am so excited to go with him.
Cotton took off the day so that one of us could go, and one could watch baby girl.
I did the fair and proper thing,a nd asked Jacob which parent he wanted to come.
He said, oh so sweetly "I pick you, Mommy."
Me? Really? ME? YaHOO!!! no one ever picks ME! Daddy is the cool one! Remember? No- don't remember. Pick me! I wanna go!
He said "I want you to get to see the cool pumpkins." Awwww... Isn't he so cute? Couldn't you just eat him with a spoon?
I'm a bit excited. Can you tell?

No comments: