Thursday, October 18, 2007

nothing to report

We are slowly plugging along on the house.
Basically- we just need to get the trim up. I have grand ideas of painting the front bathroom- we'll see how that goes.

My belly is growing all the bigger. I am into the last week of the first half of the pregnancy. Lol. Translation: next Wednesday I will be 20 weeks along- HALFWAY DONE!
None of my maternity pants fit, and I have had to pull out pre-pregnancy elastic waistbands, folded down.
We've finalized a name for the baby, and the kids latched right on to it.

Samuel Beau

Samuel because we like it, and Beau for Cotton's favorite uncle. Also because, well, we like it- although it took me a while to come around.
SamBo, Sammy, and Sam- he's already got the nicknames going.

We had our first parent-teacher conference last night at Jacob's school.
He is right on track for where he should be, "starting kindergarten" level.
He seems to zone out during Spanish, so they were shocked to hear that he comes home giving us random tidbits every day!
He is well behaved, "just a boy," and his teachers seem genuinely fond of him.
He does well with other children, very social, and is shy with adults. Yep, that's him.

Lucy has been amazing lately. She just does her thing, entertains herself. I love how independent she is! So much for "Get her off the boob," "get her out of your bed," and "leave her with a sitter!" My baby girl is her own little person. I never doubted that she would be!
She loves her princess room, and falls asleep in there every night with no complaints!

Yesterday I told her "I love you, baby,"
to which she replied "And I love Daddy."
I asked "Don't you love me?"
"I love Daddy."
"But what about me?"
" :loud sigh: I like you, too, Momma."

Oh, well good. I always wanted to be LIKED by my daughter. Little butt head.

Emmitt has been a downright shit lately. Or maybe it's the hormones. He annoys me to no end.
He IS stealing food from the kitchen counter, and INSISTS on being on the furniture every time I turn my back.
There is no excuse for the food stealing.
The furniture is a gimme- he doesn't like the hard floors. Oh well, suck it up boy.
I need to go get him a nice doggy bed, I'm sure it would keep him off the sofa.
He also feels compeeled to SNIFF me endlessly. As if my odor has changed in the past 18 months. Well- it may have, but not recently. I've been pregnant for 4.5 months- that is long enough for him to adjust!
It drives me batty, I tell ya!

I've regained an appetite in the past few days!
That is HUGE!
I pretty much can't get enough to eat. I want food every hour or so!
Which sucks because my bump is so high that I get full QUICKLY, and feel uncomfortable for hours, and also have lots of nice heartburn.
Lucy predicts that Sam is bald, but with this HB, I think he'll have a nice head of hair! ;-)

Hmmm... plans are underway for getting a crib soon. The changing table needs a coat of polish and I think I'll make a new thicker pad.
I also want a new thicker mattress for the bassinette- I may make that as well.
I need to find a pattern or something for his bedding. I don't know where to start on making it!
Of course, I have plenty of time yet.
We have Christmas to get through before I really need to get the baby ball rolling.

I guess that is it for me.
Just wanted to check in and let y'all know I'm still kicking (and being kicked, heehee).

No comments: