Sunday, October 21, 2007

Coffee!

I drank coffee yesterday!
How could I forget to blog about such a HUGE development?

A brief history of the love/hate relationship with coffee since becoming pregnant with Sam:
*First, I was late for my period. Tired and tired of peeing on sticks, only to get a big fat negative. I am making a pot of much needed and much desired coffee one morning, and start to retch. Ding ding ding! Test that very day and 2 LINES!
*Morning sicknes kicks in. No eating or drinking for months. I really want my coffee, but can't stand to go near it.
*Morning sickness eases away. I am craving coffee like mad, love the smell, but if I sip it... ugh. Nauseous!
*Yesterday I am running an errand for my dear sweet hubby. Tired, cranky, have a headache coming on. I am just downright SLEEPY, and in Plano driving in traffic.
My bitches have all been talking about pumpkin spice lattes, which I love every year, and I want one dammit! But will it make me sick?
I throw caution to the wind and whip into the Bucks. I order a tall PSL, though my little Starbucks inner voice is chanting "grande, grande..." Pull out of the parking lot, smelling the heavenly aroma. Nervous. Take a teeeeeenyweeeeny sip.... swallow quickly, and wait. Hmmm... seems okay. I take a better sip- YUM! So then I just start chugging it! That tall was gone in 2 minutes flat, leaving me wanting more! I am so happy that I called Cotton, and then Shannon, just to spread the joyous news!

My coffee aversion has been beaten! At only 19 weeks and 3 days pregnant, I manageed to overpower the demon! HAHA!!!

I see a much more cheerful ME in the weeks to come! :-P

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! Got your message quite a bit after you left it, so figured you were busy by then.

I will take you out for a pumpkin latte to celebrate!

Rebecca said...

LOL!!

Do you do Egg Nog Latte's?? I'm so excited for those!!