Sunday, August 17, 2008

regarding bunko

Among the many wine bottles left behind at my house, this one is my favorite.
I wonder if it comes in a red...
Sam was happy to spend some time in Auntie Rachel's lap.
I think she's his favorite
(though I can't imagine why...)

dice and liquor- such a good influence on my kids! ha!

I made this- Chocolate Coconut Trifle:



but I didn't make it in time for bunko. I, being ME, did not fully read the recipe through. I had all of the ingredients on my counter. I was mixing and all excited to make a tasty treat for my girlfriends. And then I get to "refrigerate for 4 hours before serving." D'oh!

Rachel saved the day with a store bought oreo cookie cake.
And we ate trifle all weekend... YUM! It was all chocolatey, and apricotty, and coconutty... and it didn't last long.

I already know what I want to make for November. And yes- I will read the recipe THOROUGHLY and well in advance!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm such a bad influence. :) Baby Sam was loving that bottle. Looks like that baby is in full teething mode.

Melissa said...

LOL - boy Sam was loving her...I think we all needed the night out and that dessert looks yummy!