Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fake laughing

it's almost as much fun as real laughing!
Sammy has started doing this over-exaggerated fake laugh. Either because he thinks something is funny, or he wants US to laugh at him, or just for the heck of it- who knows?
But it's really great.

I am having so much fun with this kid. I told Cotton the other day "Babies are so wonderful Everyone should have one."
He said "No. Everyone who has a baby should appreciate them as much as you do."

I guess I am probably worse than a first time mama with Sammy. I know how fast he will grow up, and while I look forward to it, I also really do know that I have got to savor every second of this little baby phase. He's already outgrown sleeping on my chest all day. He's lost that raw, unmatchable newborn smell. The arm shakes and the crazy eyes and the little leg curls they do when you pick up a newborn, attacking the breast like a little shark... all gone. That sweet, heart breaking little mewling cry... I'll never hear it again from one of my own.
As a first time mom I looked forward to the milestones... I just couldn't wait for Jacob to crawl, walk, eat real food, talk.
I knew better with Lucy, but with 2 babies so close in age- I didn't have a lot of time to treasure her infancy. I was in survival mode. lol.

Sitting up and squealing, laughing like mad when I hold him over my head, randomly grabbing every blessed thing he can reach, completely ADORING Jacob and Lucy and Daddy, fussing at us while we eat... and most recently- stretching his little arms up wanting momma to hold him... these are the tiny every day joys of the moment.
And don't forget fake laughing!

With Sam being my final baby (okay- no one has been surgically altered YET- but we won't be trying for any more!), and even more so my "bonus" baby ( because Cotton swore we'd never have another, right up until the day we decided to start trying) I just see him for exactly what he is. What they all are.
Gifts. Beautiful, amazing gifts. And they change so fast, it breaks my heart. Look how far Sam has come in 5 months! Look at the pictures of Jacob and Lucy from last August, or hell- 3 months ago!

Okay, that is probably enough rambling for tonight. I blame it all on the hormones.
And the fact that, no matter how NUTS they were all making me just 4 hours ago- while my family sleeps, they are so easy to love. heehee.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww, that was an incredibly poignant post! I think I teared up a little, especially as I think about how I too have been so eager for those "big girl" milestones to come and that I'm already forgetting all the little babyish things that I used to love.

Chrystyna said...

Girl! I couldn't have said it better myself!! And the laughs are adorable. I haven't heard Sam's yet, but I imagine it's close to Mac's. It has me rolling non-stop! I wish we could just push pause :)