Since before he even finished kindergarten, Jacob has been asking for a pair of Skechers.
Yea- it starts that early.
So I told him way back then "When you get ready to start first grade, you can have new shoes." And of course, I kept my word.
I was out running errands with just lil Sam last weekend, and saw a huge sign on the shoe store saying "buy one, get one half off." As much as I cannot be tempted by a sale, having such unbelievable amounts of self control, I decided to go in and have a look. And I was met by aisles and aisles of Skechers.
I called Cotton to see if he wanted to bring Jacob up there. Shoes were the only thing left on my BTS shopping list. He did.
Jacob went NUTS! "These are airators, and these are z-straps" Cotton (a little freaked out by Jacob's profound shoe knowledge) picked up a pair with lights, and Jacob tried to ignore him. He, the kid who has wanted lights on his shoes since the beginning of forever, ignored the light up police car shoes. Airators are apparently much cooler.
Cotton cruises down the aisle and says "Hey! These are cool!" I said "I know. Those are adorable." It was these.
And then it happened. We instantly became... dun dun dun... the uncool parents. The look that boy gave us. My heart dropped. Our taste sucks. He wouldn't be caught dead in the shoes we both loved. And he is SIX!
So after, oh, an hour or so of Jacob deciding- he settled on these. Very cool.
I think I made him get a size too big. But at $50 a pair (mind you he is SIX), I want my money's worth. haha. Actually, he needed a 1.5, and I had to pick between a 1 or a 2. I am feeling a little freaked out by the bigness of them. But he says they are comfortable, and he can walk, and it had to be THOSE shoes (and OBVIOUSLY he had to have them right then), so what is a mom to do?
While Jacob was running around finding the absolute awesomest pair of shoes for his first grade feet, Lucy asked "do they have girl shoes here?"
Why yes, honey, they do.
"Can I look at girl shoes?"
My wallet cramped up. Ugh. I really prefer Target and Payless for girl shoes, ya know.
"Suurrrre you can."
She rounds a corner and starts to squeal
"THEY HAVE GIRL SKECHERS!!!!"
Oh lord... here we go...
Of course, if Jacob the all knowing says Skechers are cool- Skechers. Are. Cool.
Thank goodness for the "buy one get one half off" sale, right?
I can't find a picture of hers online, so you'll just have to trust me that they are adorable.
And she will need a pair of white sneakers now that cooler weather is descending upon us. (could have got them for $10 at Target, but whatevah...lol)
As I choke on my gum paying way too much for my children's shoes, Cotton said "Wow. I'd hate to have their shoe bill."
I turn around and see a family with about 6 kids walking in. Lol. Yea, me too.
Yet More Feeling Better Girl Lunches
1 year ago



2 comments:
Shoes are awesome... especially Sketchers!! Woohoo!
Oh the joys of learning that you're no longer cool! I dread the day I get that look!! Maybe we need to enroll in a "How to be cool in the 2000's" class...haha!
Post a Comment