Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Dear pinky toe,

Please don't be broken.
I know I'm an idiot, and yes i knew that wall was there. It's been there for 3 and a half years. And I've been walking for a long time- usually not into door frames.
Just return to your normal size and color, and I will never do that again. Thank you kindly.

Love, clumsy

Oh gawd it hurts. The whole side of my foot, ankle, even my knee. I dread waking up tomorrow and getting out of bed. Ouch.

Jacob and I make quite the gimpy couple around here tonight.
He limps to the left, I limp to the right.
And he wouldn't leave my side as I sat in the hallway clutching my foot and crying. (yes, it was THAT bad). He was hovering and hugging me and holding back his tears. Have I mentioned lately how much I love that kid?
I let him stay up late, and I played with him for like an hour past bedtime, just because he cried when I cried. I couldn't bear to send him away from me after that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! There is nothing worse then a painful toe stub! I so hope it's not broke, yowch! I really hate when that happens! Hope it feels better soon! :)

Need more sammy pics!!!! hehehe

Unknown said...

oh no anything broken is never fun. Hope you get to feeling better.

cara said...

Ouch! I hope your toe is feeling better. ((hug))

Rebecca said...

Oh, Jacob is pure sweetness! I wouldn't have sent himt to bed, either! <3

Hope your toe is feeling better now!