Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mommy Day 08

Well, well, well...
Last Mother's Day I was a mom of 2, and trying to get pregnant. I remember confiding in Nancy that we had just started working on it, and I declined the glass of wine she offered me that day. Just in case. ;-)
I was an auntie to 4 beautiful girls, and I went to see my mom and MIL before heading to the Browns' for a fish fry.

*Fast forward a year*
I'm a mommy to 3!!!
And still auntie to 4 beautiful girls, with the addition of a gorgeous little boy, and awaiting my new nephew in the fall!
Sadly, things have gone terribly wrong between me and my mom, and I don't see how they can ever be repaired. Although I spend many a night lying awake crying about it, it seems quite hopeless.
However, on the sunny side- I am closer to both of my lovely sisters than I have been in a long time, and for that I thank motherhood. It is apparently a stronger bond than blood. Both between me and my biological sisters, but also the beautiful sisters I have met along my journey.

I'll probably see my MIL later today, and FIL has a bag of fish for me (yum!).
And Nancy and I have been chatting on Myspace. Lol.
I'll post the lineup of gifts and treats later. Jacob has already spoiled me- it's gonna be a lucky girl that ends up with that boy of mine. :-)

Mothers Day Triangle - Myspace Comments


Happy happy Mothers' Day to all of you supermoms, new moms, moms-to-be, and beautiful, loving, caring women in my life. Your children are lucky to have you, and so am I.

1 comment:

CNH said...

You know my mom and i had a falling out last fall and we are slowly working on repair. It CAN happen! (((HUGS)))