Monday, May 12, 2008

MD08

These pics are actually from Saturday. All we did was chill on Sunday, so no pics.
We cooked out in the backyard on Sat, had everyone stopping by, kids screaming, guys drinking beer... just a nice day that really felt like summer... and who doesn't love summer!

My bathing beauties. When they came in and told me "it's too hot to play outside," I knew exactly what to do!
Get him, girl!
Me and Tish in our infinite hawtness. This was her very first Mom's Day, so I got her a little token of my love. :-) A cute shell necklace that I saw and thought "that would look SO cute on Tish!"
I wanted a cute Mom's Day pic of us and the little boys. This is not it. Lol.
Neither is this. Oh well. (that necklace I'm wearing was one of my MD gifts)
Okay, I will warn you. I may have gone slightly overboard with these pictures. But in my defense- he was A: sittng up in the bumbo, B: wearing big boy clothes, C: wearing his teething necklace, D: actually looking at me. All of these = the highest cuteness factor. Plus he is 2 months old now! So deal with it. Pictures of my kids are why you come here, right?

(could he look any more like his Daddy? jeez!)

Of course when he smiles- he throws his head back, so it's fuzzy.
Sunday was a very quiet, very low key day. Just the way I like it.
Cotton was actually at work, didn't get home until almost 5.
We all slept in, which was a surprise. I woke up around 10 with all 3 kids snuggled in bed with me- another rare treat. I've always got one or 2, but never all 3!
Aaron/Bonk came by and brought me a super-sweet card and a rose, then he played gamecube with Jacob for a while, lol. And then he treated us to Sonic for lunch! :-)
I love watching my brother build a relationship with my kids. Jacob has always adored him, but not seen a lot of him. Lucy is VERY cautious around him, but I really think she'll come around now that he's a regular presence in her life. She did speak a few words to Bonk yesterday, and even smiled a couple of times.
Sam was pretty interested in him yesterday, just staring at his face, craning around as he walked by, and even gave him a couple of coos.

Cotton made brisket tacos for dinner (granted, I was chopping veggies for what felt like hours, for pico de gallo), and OMG they were soooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooood!
Yumyumyumyumyum. I am so glad that we made a big brisket- and have leftovers!

The kiddos gifted me with 2 necklaces, one with matching earrings. Another pair of earrings- Dallas Cowboys! Woohoo!
And then a heart keychain that is a huge "diamond," heehee. And a big lavender candle that is going to go great in my bathroom if only I clear off the counter. ;-)

We laid around and watched TV all evening. Just me and my family. It was quiet (as quiet as it can be with 3 kids and Cotton), intimate, and so very nice. And when I decided I wanted chocolate- Cotton went out and got me some! (maybe that's left over from the pregnancy, lol)

Not a ground-shaking Moms' Day by any means. But I thought it was quite nice.

No comments: