Saturday, March 15, 2008

quick update

Coming to you straight from cloud nine...

I'll add new pics tomorrow, I know that is what everyone wants! But I thought I'd check in and let the world know that we're all doing great!

Sam is perfect. Perfectly perfect.
He's kind of a lazy baby. I have to strip him down to make him wake up and nurse, and he has a little trouble latching on... good thing I'm a veteran at this and not some first time mom trying to learn the ropes myself!
His weight is great, though. He hasn't lost anywhere near the "limit."
He is also incredibly sweet, and quite the cuddler. And he reminds me SO MUCH of a tiny Jacob.
The resemblance, so far, is amazing. I can't wait to see how he looks as the swelling continues to go down.
Little man could do a heck of a lot worse than looking like Jacob. That is for sure!
Everyone keeps saying he looks like Cotton, and I fully agree, but then- Jacob looks a lot like Cotton, too. So... once again, I get no credit for the kid. Haha.

My milk came in today, so I think he'll maintain his bodyweight just fine from here on out. ;-)
He goes to the doctor for the first time on Monday. Basically, just to get his name on a chart. Cori does all of his newborn care, and she has pronounced him PERFECT.

We signed the birth certificate paperwork tonight.
One last battle over Beau vs Bo.
Since I am the one that pushed out a 10lb 2ozer... (hahaha...) I won. Beau it is. Officially.
I really think Cotton just gave in because Cori had all the paperwork done already, and he didn't want to make her drive back out here AGAIN. She's seen enough of our faces this week!

I am FINALLY cleared of all blood pressure concerns.
Boy, it was hairy for a couple of days. Poor Cori. I know I have worn her out.
She has been my angel and my protector. One of these days I will be able to thank her for all she's done. I just can't think of any gesture that is grand enough.
I think we both wanted to get up and dance tonight when I was a perfect 120/80ish, even after lots of activity.
She gets to go on her mini-vaca and not worry about me. And she has certainly earned it!

I have lost 20lbs in 2 days. Yeeehaw! Break out the bikini! Hahahaha!

Jacob is completely infatuated with Sam. The child has never been happier in his life. Lucy seems to be doing better, but she is a bit overwhelmed. We are making sure she gets plenty of attention, some breaks from the baby, and plenty of recognition for being the best big sister ever!

We have had so many visitors, and I have so many pictures to share. Little Sam is blessed to have a LOT of people that love him. And I've tried to get a picture with everyone that comes.

But gosh- for some reason I am a little tired... I can't imagine why I would be.
Tired but giddy, thrilled, and over the moon.
My beautiful baby is here!!!!

3 comments:

CNH said...

Cori is just.....

The Best Midwife Ever

Perhaps we can go in on something really GRAND together to help thank her. She's awesome. Been there for me every single step of the way on this crazy journey I'm on. I love her.

I can't wait to see more. You sound just over the moon. Many, many blessings. Take it easy, rest, get lots of good food and plenty of water, and just soak up that sweet, sweet baby. :)

Nicole said...

Cloud nine sounds blissful. Enjoy your baby! :) Can't wait to see more pics.

Laura Tilley said...

I can just hear how happy you are when i read that. I am so excited for you. I can not wait to hold Sam he is such a cutie! You did an awesome job girl i am proud of you.