Sunday, March 09, 2008

day 6, and nothing

I don't have much to add today.
But I do want to say:

I LOVE YOU CHANTEL!
Seriously!
A lot of people are really grating on my nerves right now. A handful of people are really being supportive and pulling me through- and you fall into the second category.
I get my little notifications of your comments and I can't wait to read them. You just get me, and you get how I'm feeling, and you know what is going on in the 2 or 3 brain cells I've got left. I need that!
Don't leave me now, okay? I need you a little longer!
I'll bring you a big old cake of your choice once this baby is out (and obviously mama can bake, right? I'll try not to burn it...), and I will go buy your twins the cutest matching outfits EVER! Lol! You are such a rock to me, and you don't even know it!

I am so thankful to have the friends that say "Hey- we love you. Do what you gotta do, and just have that baby at some point so we can play with him." Lol. And the ones who ask me how I am REALLY feeling, and listen to me cry and bitch. You know who you are!
Or my favorite comment to date "Keep him in there and come have margaritas with us this weekend!" Hahaha! I need one (or 4)!

I know I am scarce these days. I just want to be a hermit. I want to hide in bed until the baby is here, and then I want to hide in bed with him for a week... and then maybe old Krysta will return!
It's really a tough spot to be in, feeling like I feel... so please forgive my anti-social tendencies, okay?
I promise to blog. Talking at everyone is easier than answering the phone at the moment! And I know all you REALLY want to know is if the baby is here yet. Lol.

Okay, so:
No, I am not defective. My body was made to give birth.
Yes, he will come out when he is ready.
I know this. I am the one who chose this route, after all. I have done the whole over-medical, "induced when the dr was ready" birth. TWICE!
As tempting as an induction looks at this point, it is NOT what I want for myself or Sammy!
We have a perfect, beautiful birth planned. If it remains within my power to have that dream come true... I've just got to keep my eyes on the prize!

But if you've never been in these shoes- well... it is really hard to sympathize. It is really hard to know what to say.
Many of the things people say to me, with the intent of sounding supportive (I guess) really come across as know-it-all and condescending. Such as "He'll come when he's ready." Ya think? Or "Had that baby yet?" Umm... NO! "When is that baby coming? (even worse if they act frustrated)" OMG do I look like I freaking KNOW? Trust me, I am a HELL of a lot more ready than anyone else out there!

Let me give you a few options, guaranteed NOT to get you slapped:
"I'm sorry that you are so miserable."
"I know you can't wait to meet your baby!"
"You look fantastic."
"Can I get you some ice cream/chocolate/chinese food?"
"You are very brave/strong/determined/smart/sexy for hanging in there (lol- okay, maybe not sexy)."
"Everything WILL be okay, soon."
"You are dong a great job. I'm proud of you."
Any of the above should be acceptable to a woman who is anywhere from 38 to 42 weeks pregnant! ;-)

And for God's sake- if my husband tells you "Please don't say that to her," PLEASE listen to him! He has been spending 24 hrs a day with me- he knows what I DO NOT want to hear!
Getting your say in is really NOT as important as keeping me as happy as possible right now. Really. And what you have to say is not all that original anyway. I've heard it.


Oh, and yes. The baby is perfectly safe in there. If it came down to his safety, I would do what I had to do to get him out IMMEDIATELY. So would Cotton, so would Cori. He is closely monitored. He moves all of the time. She listens to his heart thoroughly and gives him a good massage every week.
If he's in there getting nice and fat, I'm okay with it. I am not scared of a 10lb baby.
But the thing is, MOST babies in America today are taken from the womb before they are ready. They are MEANT to cook longer. It is a GOOD thing.
I am not endangering my baby, or myself, by allowing him to gestate. It's kind of, ummm... what fetuses do. Lol.

Okay, well... that ran long for someone who has nothing new to say.
I guess I needed to give myself a little pep talk.
I WILL take some pictures today. Would you care to see my cankles while I'm at it? they are quite impressive!

And maybe... just maybe... March 9th sounds like a lovely day to be born, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

You're a strong mama Krysta. And sexy too. hehehe.
Thinking of you all the time.
Muah!

Rebecca said...

"I'm sorry that you are so miserable."
"I know you can't wait to meet your baby!"
"You look fantastic."
"Can I get you some ice cream/chocolate/chinese food?"
"You are very brave/strong/determined/smart/sexy for hanging in there (lol- okay, maybe not sexy)."
"Everything WILL be okay, soon."
"You are dong a great job. I'm proud of you."

I love you, girl! You can do this - but I know how hard it is to wait! (((HUGS)))

And I will echo the "keep him in there so you can come have margaritas/mexican food!) Hee hee!

CNH said...

Awww, thanks honey. I'm just now reading this after a busy week and my own little drama yesterday. You're so welcome. I'm glad my experience could help you some. And now he's HERE! :D