Sam went to the doctor yesterday.
She pronounced him the picture of baby perfection, naturally.
After the doctor we were all starving, and 3 of the 5 of us voted to grab a bite at Hooters. (I would be the one that voted no, but I was seriously outnumbered and wings did sound kind of good...)
So... Mr Sam got his first meal in a restaurant, and it was HOOTERS!
He is just so darn cute. Getting cuter daily.
He has gotten his latch perfected, and uses it OFTEN. This boy is all about the boobs!
Not much else to say... he nurses, he sleeps, he poops, and he pees everywhere.
Oh, it took him 4 whole days to outgrow newborn diapers! I had to bust out a package of 1's today!
He'll be out of his 0-3month onesies soon, too. He's all torso with some teeny little legs. Heehee.
I am doing just awesome.
My back hurts- it's all sore and stiff. And I am a bit on the tired side.
Other than that, gosh, you would never be able to tell that I just carried a baby for 41 weeks+ and then gave birth 6 nights ago. I feel GREAT! It's kind of crazy...
I got some really good sleep last night. Cotton snuck in when he woke up and took the baby so that I could sleep better. When Sam decided he HAD to eat NOW, Daddy brought him to me and started eggs and sausage on the griddle. Yummmm... that is always a smell worth waking up to!
Speaking of Superdad, he goes back to work on Monday.
I am really bummed, too. Having him as a permanent fixture around here has been really nice. I would have thought it would be annoying, and that I'd be ready to kick him out after what... 10 weeks...?
But no, I am heartbroken that he's going back. I'll really miss being able to see him any time I want. Despite the various issues we've had lately, it's been fun to have my husband by my side all of the time!
But the timing is really good. He'll be here for the rest of this week, and Jacob is on spring break, too. We have help with dinner through Saturday, and Easter on Sunday, so we'll be well fed.
By Monday I should be in pretty good shape to start dealing with Sam and Lucy all day, light housework, and picking Jacob up. Cotton won't have any off duty work for a while, so he'll be coming home at 5 to help with dinner and to handle soccer practice and bedtime.
Life is on the verge of returning to normal! We've been ready for that for months now!
I'll upload some new pics tomorrow. It's time for me to crawl in bed and snuggle my 10lbs of pure LOVE!
Yet More Feeling Better Girl Lunches
1 year ago



4 comments:
I'm so glad you're feeling well! Happy Babymooning. I'll try to make it up there to visit sometime before I am no longer able to haul this pregnant body around. :)
I hated it when dh had to go back to work. It was so nice having him home. I'm glad all is well with baby Sam.
your husband sounds really awesome and sexy. you better hang onto him! ps i bet he is the greatest fisherman in the world!
I am so happy to hear you and your beautiful boy are doing so great! I can't wait to meet him! Hope you have a wonderful and very hoppy (hehe) Easter!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment