Saturday, April 05, 2008

Last night Jacob had his "Kindergarten Concert." Basically, all the kiddos wear hats they made, and sing songs.
I always think of Jacob as my "big kid," and not really a baby at all anymore. Well, last night they sang "6 Little Ducks" and "Teddy bear, Teddy Bear." I realized how tiny he really is... 5 is not that big at all. He's just a sweet little kindergartener! It may have been the hormones, or it may just have been ME, but I had tears a flowing while I watched my sweet baby singing those cute little songs. They did several other songs, including a hand jive (SO cute!) and Arabian Nights with a hand dance, which was really impressive!

(okay, these are hard to see. He is in the 2nd row from the top, the 2nd from the end, in a white and purple shirt)

yawning, lol


After the concert, Jacob wanted a burrito- so we went to this little mexican restaurant here in town. Of course, when we get there, we have to do a potty run. As Lucy and I are walking back from the restroom, I see a blonde chick standing at our table, holding MY baby, her hair falling in front of her face. I could feel the fumes rising from the top of my head. (you may not know this, but I am pretty possessive and overprotective of my babies. lol. Now, I know Cotton wouldn't hand Sam to a stranger, but if she's a stranger to ME... I can't control my mama-bear instincts)
As I approach, Cotton is grinning from ear to ear. (later I find out, laughing at he murderous look in my eyes) Blondie looks up, and it's MY friend, Brianne! Lol!
"OH! It's YOU!" I laugh. Then I'm ecstatic. Brianne hasn't met Sam yet, sadly. She's had some things going on in her life, and then didn't want to bother us. Lol. As if. So finally they met.
And BONUS, our food came before theirs, and she offered to hold the baby so Cotton and I could eat. I mean, we had to twist her arm a bit... ;-) Nothing like eating your mexican food with 2 hands! Woohoo!

We got home and did baths, and I combed Lucy's hair, and I made a decision.
She has to have bangs. She already did over half the job herself. The least I could do is fix them for her. Make it look like she didn't, in fact, cut her own hair.
I hate bangs, I really do. They look cute on lots of little girls...
But they require maintenance. And you have to separate them out when brushing. Ugh. More work. And then we have the issue of the CURLS, making bangs on her far worse than "regular" bangs.
But I did it. I gave her bangs. Cotton thinks they're adorable, and they make her look "so grown up." I admit- she looks pretty cute. But how could she not? This is my little punkin muffin we are talking about!


A brag on Lucy:
As we were putting her to bed last night, Cotton told her he would give her $2 if she cleaned her room all by herself today. WOW! She was SO excited. And she did it! My big girl! Earned herself 2 buckaroos!
And tonight- that sweet, loving, big-hearted angel of mine... she gave one of her dollars to Jacob. Because he didn't have any money. What a doll. She loves her brothers so much!

Okay- I must go find purple soccer socks. Earn my mommy stripes.
because, as my dear husband said to me "You can really call yourself a parent after you dig through a whole mountain of laundry for one little piece of a soccer uniform." Lol. Only he dug through dirties last week. I am certain the socks are both clean this time. ;-)

Here are some soccer pics, just for kicks. (get it? Kicks? Hahaha)




and Lucy watching, and getting NASTY muddy. Yuck.

3 comments:

The Mama said...

I can understand the hair/bang thing. Bitty has my wavy hair and no matter what I do to it the back in the middle curls and the rest stays straight so it looks like she doesn't brush it. Drives me nuts.

Kids get big so fast

Unknown said...

You are too funny Krysta! Sam is so precious. ALMOST makes me want to have another. ;)

Brianne

Sarah Greenman said...

Aw... Lucy sharing her hard earned dough. That's awesome!