Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I feel like I am always playing catch up!

Here is my big one month old tonight, with some very big blue eyes!
Check out the dimpled elbow. I love my little chubba bubba!
Jacob took this one, and laughed and laughed and laughed...
Somewhere I have a set of newborn Lucy pictures, actually I believe she was 4 weeks old as well, with humongous eyes. Hahaha.
Here's my little piglet in one of Jacob's outfits. Awww...

Cami took this one yesterday, and I absolutely love it! yes, he is eating. What else is new?
(there was another cute one, but I can't find it now. :-( poo.)
Daddy slingin' his boy. They just melts me!
haha. Grump.
So Thursday I got a phone call from my almost brother in law, Brian, telling me that Geri was in the hospital and was going to have her gall bladder removed. She had been in tons of pain, and throwing up, so he took her to the ER. Gallstones were the nasty verdict.
I was so sad that she was so far away, and 18 weeks pregnant, and in pain, and scared...
Cotton told me "call him back and tell him we're coming out."And that is just what we did!
It was SO great to get to hug my sister and be there to cheer her up while she was down... and I hope it meant as much to her as it did to me. lol.
She and the Bean did just great! The worst part of it all is that she had 3 sonograms in the hospital, and I still don't know if I get to shop for pink or hand down lots of blue! Hopefully she'll have the answer to that at some point this week!

Here are my sweet babies on the way to Austin. Way past bedtime.
and on the hotel bed, so very tired
I can't remember if I have ever been to Austin, so it was new to me.
What a cool city! I could definitely live there, if only there was not so much TRAFFIC! I swear Cotton and I were both on the verge of a nervous breakdown driving around that place! Eeek!
When we got back to Dallas, we were like "oh, this isn't bad AT ALL!" Sad.

Lucy drew an awesome picture of Geri, Brian, and the bean (and "someone else," lol)... Her people drawing skills are really coming along quickly! I'm impressed!

4 comments:

Sarah Greenman said...

Okay - daddy with the sling is awesome! What great shots!

Anonymous said...

I am VERY glad that you guys came. You don't know just how much it helped getting to see you guys, and knowing someone cared enough to make the drive. Lucy and Jacob did seem a little disappointed that I was in the hospital, and NO BABY. Tell them next time I am there, I promise there will be a baby for them to see! I love you, whore!

Rebecca said...

OMGosh! That pic of Jacob and Lucy sleeping in the car - they are identical!!!

All the pics are sweet!

And I'm so thankful that your sis is doing well!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are beautiful and crazy! Thank you so much for going out to see Geri and helping her when no one else would. You have no idea how much it really meant to her. *Geri's Friend* :)