Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Definitely surgery

Cotton met with the doctor today.
As long as workers' comp doesn't fight us- he'll have it done next Thursday.
This is actually GREAT news, because obviously, the sooner the better. I'll "only" be 34.5ish weeks along at the end of next week- so I'm not really concerned about popping out the kiddo while he's under general anesthesia. Lol.

Now- the bad, bad, terrible, bad news is that he will need 3 MONTHS to recover. Hopefully he can go back to work on light/desk duty after just a few weeks. (and somehow we need to have the baby in those few weeks, too)
If he hits that magical *12 weeks off work* mark, we get to "enjoy" yet another drastic drop in income. And friends- we would go belly up for sure.
Please, if you have any healthy or healing juju to spare- send it Cotton's way.

And now for some happy news- we managed to get the crib together today!
It's so odd to see it sitting there in the bedroom- just waiting, expecting... it shines a little more reality on the whole baby situation. He really is coming... ready or not... (maybe I should get ready!)

I think tomorrow I will pull out the old Singer and start a few projects. I have 3 Valentine's dresses to make, and I have at least half a dozen baby blankets and stuff planned. Why sit on my butt, bored and depressed, when I could be making my little Samuel a snuggly blanket or some changing table pads? :-P

Since Cotton is having some much deserved guy-time tonight, my plans for a 33 week belly pic didn't happen. Stay tuned tomorrow... this belly has gotten cartoon-huge on me. Literally amusing in size. I need to document it.

I had a TON of pressure in my pelvis today. Really low- I was limping around and whining like crazy. There is NO way I am going to carry this kid another 7 weeks. I can't imagine it, and I don't know if I could stand it. (of course I could be wrong, easily, but I don't think so) I feel like I'm about to pop (literally burst open) at any given moment!
I really do wonder what is going on up in there. Lol.

To Sammy Beau: 3 or 4 more weeks, baby. Just hang in there a little longer! If I can do it- so can you! It will be SO much nicer to be born here than to hang out in that old hospital for days, or even weeks!

I'm off to wrestle Jacob into bed.
I'm so tired, and Cotton is gone... hmmm... maybe I'll just pile everyone in with me tonight and crash super early.... that sounds like an excellent plan!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hugs again for you & Cotton.

Let me know how I can help. Lucy is more than welcome here and Faith is on board with playing princesses. :o)

Rebecca said...

Hugs to you, honey...