Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A little pity party...

I think there is a good possibilty that I am turning into my beloved mother. Or at least I am coming to realize how she has felt for many years.
Mom- THANK YOU for always slaving away in the kitchen, evey holiday. Thank you for keeping a cherful face when you were so tired and crabby that you would rather just slap us all and take a nap. Thank you for doing it every year, even though no one ever appreciated it. I did, and do. Now that I have hosted a couple of holidays- I am amazed that you did it alone, with a smile, so many times.

Can I whine a teeny bit? Of course I can- it's my blog!
I was SO tired after Christmas- I kept falling asleep in random places yesterday. At one point I woke up and found myself on Jacob's bedroom floor, alone. I am guessing that we were playing, and I passed out, so he left. Lol- poor kiddo. I fell asleep several times sitting up on the couch.
Cotton got up and told me to take a nap, but I wouldn't, so he took me out to dinner. :o) Thanks, Butt-head. He knows how to cheer me up- MEXICAN FOOD!

Anyway.... back on track here... being tired was the least of my bitching. What bothered me the most was working so hard to make sure the house was clean and comfy, the food was cooked and delicious, the gifts were bought and wrapped and thoughtful... and nobody thought it necessary to thank me. Or act appreciative in the least.
Okay- to be honest- Mom and Dad were great. I do not need to hear the actual words "Thank you oh Goddess of Christmas for slaving in the kitchen for us." Mom helping me tidy up, and Dad complimenting my cooking while he gobbled away his meal was good for my heart.
But the rest of them... well. I just wanted a simple thanks. If not for my effort, then maybe for the gifts. That would have been nice- considering I also worked my ass off finding gifts that everyone would *hopefully* really like.

I am usually not so "needy," I don't crave attention or praise. I am really not sure why I am so bothered this year, Maybe because it is my first year to do a holiday for the family. I haven't been that physically tired in a very long time! Yet everyone ignored me, never once mentioned that things were nice, or that my food smelled fabulous, or that the gifts were perfect. :sigh:

So... I'll end this sob story- and get to the good stuff. As far as MY family goes, this was our best Christmas ever! Pics and happy stuff soon to come! :-D

No comments: