I have been baking cookies for my super sweet neighbors tonight.
I had planned to do choco chip, peanut butter drops, and oatmeal- but after making the first 2, I'm hot and tired.
Love the neighbors- But they can deal with a little less variety in their cookie tin! Lol!
So- I've snuck a little dough here and there, several hershey kisses, a couple of sodas- and I'm a bit wired.
Odd, though, because my bloodstream probably consists of about 75% sugar and caffiene anyway. I shouldn't be affected by this small amount!
Maybe I'm just high on holiday cheer! WooHoo!
I am SO done with Christmas shopping. I thought I was done yesterday, but nope. Today I had to put together "new puppy baskets" for everyone that is getting a new puppy via us: Father in law, brother in law, and the teenager next door.
Cotton is such a softie! While he was shopping for ME tonight, he bought 4 little collars, 4 little leashes, and a HUGE bag of puppy food to split between the 4 babies. I then ran to my second home (Wal-mart) and added a few chew toys, rawhide bones, and rope bones to the mix.
Then, I felt bad that I was giving the kid next door a gift basket, so I decided to make his parents a big tin of cookies.
I had planned to make lots of cookie baskets originally, but crap happens. I am now giving cookies ONLY to the neighbors. And myself, of course.
Cotton and Jacob went shopping for my Christmas gifts tonight. So far Jacob has leaked 2 gifts: slippers and a watch. I *strongly* suspect that the watch will be one of those rubber numbers, with a cartoon character on it.
Jacob was the one who decided I needed a watch, he has been talking about buying me one for days-My sweet little man! I told Daddy that we should let Jacob pick gifts for all of us this year- so that he can truly experience the whole joy of giving thing. He got me a watch, Lucy a set of Dora dishes, and several gifts for Daddy that we won't mention here! ;o)
**** we are not surprising anyone but FIL with the puppies. BIL and the kid next door both know about them and want them. FIL has been talking about getting a lab for months.
You should NEVER give a puppy or kitten as a gift, without knowing for absolute certain that the giftee is ready for the responsibilty! /social conscience disclaimer ****
Yet More Feeling Better Girl Lunches
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment