Monday, July 28, 2008

"Sleep is for the Weak"

At least that is what my baby's t-shirt says.
The only problem with that is... HE sleeps. Like an angel, most of the time.

So why am I always up, all night, every night? Wugh.

I have things to do. I have things to think about. I have people in my bed. :-P

I'm sitting here tonight, just the tiniest bit sunburned.
We went to a swimming party today, and I had much more fun than the kids did. lol. Don't get me wrong, they had fun- I just had more.
I got to enjoy my big kids a little more today, as there were several pairs of open and willing arms for Mr Sam. And my sweet boy- he let his "aunties" love on him him for a good long while... until I came walking past him. Then he got mad. ha.
I got to be with my friends today, and that is always nice. And I ate a little thing called cherry limeade cupcakes, and O.M.G. Best cupcakes ever. Seriously.
(what I did NOT do was take pictures- but whatever, I take enough)

Come to think of it, Sam spent a good 30 minutes with Auntie Shannon the other day, and never once made a peep for mama. He may have stayed with her longer, but she refuses to let him cry in her arms. "Take him back while he still likes me" she says. Lol!
He's getting more social, my little luvabug. He's starting to realize the world may not end if I hand him to someone else. I am quite happy/sad about that. I really don't mind being the center of his universe at all. Not. one. bit.

I am also keeping a close eye on my bank account tonight. Ha.
It's been a week of many necessities!
A new computer monitor for me. A new sling for Sam. Signing Lucy up for another year of dance, and signing Jacob up for football. Quite a few meals out because I haven't felt like cooking (insert head into brown paper bag). TCP and that dang Monster Sale... and about 10 pairs of shorts to get Jacob through the upcoming school year, and much needed pajamas for Sam (6-9 mos!!!), and we can't leave Lucy out, oh and they have matching stuff for everyone, and I could get some of these for next summer.... did I mention I have a slight "thing" with children's clothing. yea.
Plus the never ending stream of crap it takes to make your house pretty... who knew?

I finally have an install date for my carpet. The last big step in the house beautification project.
Of course there are many more steps. Some we don't know about yet. But carpet is a biggie- and it will be in on FRIDAY! A mere month after I ordered it (longest "2 weeks" of my life. Thanks, Lowes. umm.. NOT).
Once I have carpet, I can set up Sam's room! YAY!
After that, I may even post some pics of the house. Ooooohh...

Okay, there is a slight chance that i am getting sleepy. Damn hormones. I've got to jump on it fast, before I miss my window!
But not before I put my camera on the charger- tomorrow is "A Day In the Life" of us for our local moms' board.
So there will be many many pictures coming soon!

No comments: