Saturday, July 12, 2008

excuse me while I


~HAPPY DANCE~HAPPY DANCE~HAPPY DANCE~


We live in a little Texas town. Growing, booming even, as all of this area of the world is doing. But still small. It's a 20 minute drive or more to get anywhere to buy decent groceries (and another 20 minutes back).

When Cotton and I bought our little piece of the American dream, there was a big sign off the main road to our place. It said "Coming soon- Brookshire's."

Well, "soon" came and went. And at one point, the sign even came down. :-(

We moved here in March of 2005. Last week, I got in my trusty dusty pick up truck. Reset the tripometer:
and took a short drive to:
check the mileage!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I waltzed into that place, grinning from ear to ear. And I soon discovered that everyone else shopping inside was grinning as well!
People were happy, hanging about in the aisles and chatting, children were pushing little mini-carts, all of the deli tables were full of folks eating fried chicken or chinese food...

I left my house in a total funk, and I came back beaming. Lol.
Amazing what a shiny new grocery store will do for a girl!

If you happen to stumble upon this particular Brookshire's, and see a chunky brunette with a baby in a spotted carrier, and she seems WAAAY too happy to be grocery shopping- well... most likely- that's be me. :-P

No comments: