Monday, July 07, 2008

July 4, 2008 ... pictures galore!

We started out with BBQ and swimming at Nana and Papa's.
The kids had a blast with their cousins, naturally. And, of course, the noise level of five- count them- 1.2.3.4.5!!! Little girls was a bit much for me.
There is a reason I mainly give birth to boys. lol.
But it was tons of fun, and the kiddos were all cute as heck- and I have evidence of that right here!




eeewww...

Daddies and their girls



Shelbie, my baby before I had babies

Madison
Kelsie Joe (aka Trouble, adorably packaged)
Abby, best friend ever in the whole entire world to my babygirl

Papa chopping up the "biscuit," aka brisket

Cotton and mini-Cotton

hangin' with Uncle BJ

After that we (sat out a rainstorm, had a major change in plans, and then....) headed out to meet Uncle Bonk and his friend for some music and fireworks! Woohoo!

These next 2 shots crack me up.
I promise my kids LOVE dressing alike, or I wouldn't make them do it. I don't make them do it. They really, really like it! I swear!
But these pictures scream "Our mom made us wear these matching shirts and glasses, and now we are posing stiffly and holding hands (which I didn't tell them to do) for the obligatory picture." Bwahahahaha!!!!


We met a police horse, and he got a few nice pats from my bunch

Sambo, riding in style in the best stroller in the entire galaxy ( it's sentimental...)

and wearing Jacob's old t-shirt (also sentimental)
Jacob gettin' his grub on!


Lucy was looking WAY too cute in her red pettiskirt, and I think I may have gone overboard with the pictures... or at least she thought so!

there's nothing quite as satisfying as running as fast as you can, in your sock feet, in the heat of a July day, in Texas!

Miss Baby wanted to see the concert (Josh Gracon- and he was GREAT!), but she was a wee bit too short. Luckily, we had our very own elevator


Baby Sam had the best seat in the house, if you ask him.


and what would the 4th be without glow necklaces?
spinning, tossing, dancing
when the concert ended, I quickly herded the kids into place before the lights went out! lol.



They were slightly awestruck by the fireworks

Mesmerized might be a better word
Even the littlest one was pretty impressed!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!

2 comments:

Chrystyna said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a blast! I'm so proud of Jacob for being in the middle of the pool :) I still can't believe we missed you that night. What a bummer!

Laura Tilley said...

Oh Krysta, you have such a beautiful family. I love reading your blogs they are always so much fun!