Want to know how?
It's 5:18AM, and I have been up for over an hour.
The night before, I was up incredibly late. Thank goodness Lucy slept in for me (9:30).
I don't sleep when I'm very pregnant. Never have.
Cotton got up to check on me about half an hour ago. Kissed me and headed back to bed, but then popped back in with chocolate peanut butter cookies. Heehee. Thanks, honey. He knows I need my sugar. Both kinds!
New and exciting in our world:
Lucy will be getting fitted for her recital costume this week. It's lavender. That's all I know.
The recital is at the end of April. I'm betting she'll grow before then!
Bunko Friday. Woohoo!
I'm such a bum- I was supposed to host this month, and pawned it off on Danielle. I always host Christmas, and I'm sad.
Actually- I am not a bum. I have Superwoman syndrome, and have GOT to start giving myself some limits. If I were to clean the house, top to bottom, to make it acceptable for 11 women to visit. And shop. And cook... I would not be able to walk. Not to even mention little projects around the house that don't bother me on a dialy basis- but are not party worthy: surround sound wires hanging out, paint touch ups, new baseboards that need staining...
Between my back pain and my fun swelling, and the anxiety- hosting bunko would be HELL on me. I have a hard time showing any weakness- but it is better for me (and the baby) to set limits for myself! Cori said take it easy, and eliminate stress. The doctor concurred. So that's what I'm doing.
I can host happily and easily twice next year, AFTER Sam gets here!
I got the Christmas tree up, FINALLY. I always put it up early. I am just big and tired this year, and not in the holiday spirit! :-(
It isn't entirely decorated, because the children refused to pick up their rooms today. So I refused to let them near my tree. I'm so mean.
We'll finish it tomorrow evening, and watch some holiday movies. Maybe Ill make some cocoa. mmm...
I went shopping today for a certain someone in a certain gift exchange. And bought something I want to keep. Lol. I hope she thoroughly enjoys it!It's so sparkly and pretty!
For the first time in a looong time- I've booked a babysitter! Wow.
Big Daddy and I are going to go shopping together, and enjoy some food, and more importantly- each other's company. How heavenly.
White chocolate peppermint mocha. :drooool....:
Followed closely by Sonic bringing back the peppermint shake (only it's a "blast" this year), and adding white chocolate to that. :double drool:
I've got a scratchy throat. Please just let it stay scratchy. I do NOT need to be sick.
What else?
I've had to FORCE myself to stop buying baby stuff.
This room is overrun with baby supplies. 2 strollers, a car seat, a high chair, an exersaucer, a swing, 2 bumbos (one bought, one given), a bouncy seat, a jumper, boxes of toys, a bathtub (well, that was given to us), a bassinet, a pack n play, a new sling... and we have almost 3 months to go!
We literally have EVERYTHING that he needs, besides the crib. And does he really need a crib? Probably not. Lol. But he'll have one.
So I am putting a STOP to the baby supply collecting. No more buying. Especially because Shannon is going to smack me. Lol.
The only thing left for me to splurge on is the awesome pony print Beco. :drool: And that is because COTTON wants it, not me. :-P (okay- but he really does want it)
Clothes, diapers, blankies and bibs... little stuff like that will all come as gifts. I'd be wasting money and space to buy those before the shower.
It is a very nice feeling, though, to know that I won't be panicking to get ready for the baby. I'm just a planner like that. I've never been able to "wait and see what I need" or to start shopping in the last trimester. I like to have my ducks in a row early!
Oh- how could I forget?
The COWBOYS are now the NFC East Champions! And holding a 12-1 record!
4 years ago Cotton joked that if I went into labor during the Superbowl, I'd have to drive myself to the hospital. Lol. And that wasn't even the Cowboys!
Lucky for me- no hospital with this baby, because there is a very good chance that this is going to be the year we've been waiting for for so long.
And if Sam comes on that day- we'll change his name from Samuel Beau to Samuel Bowl. Lol Okay, maybe not.
But could you imagine- the 'Boys winning a Superbowl, and giving birth to my son, all in one day? Would that not be the most kick ass day in the history of the world? Hahahaha!
It's not VERY likely, but entirely possible. Sam would just have to be a couple of weeks early- which is totally fine by me.
Okay. It's 6AM. Just an hour until my fellas get up.
I think I'll go make Jacob's lunch and iron Cotton's pants, and get the coffee going. For my honey, none for me. I feel the slightest possibility of sleepiness coming on...
Yet More Feeling Better Girl Lunches
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment