Monday, December 31, 2007

30 week update

Eeek. Wow. Dang.
Has this pregnancy been FLYING by, or what?

Cori came and gave me a once over today.
Cotton FINALLY got to meet her. We had been joking that he wouldn't let her through the door on the big day- as he wouldn't have a clue who she was! Lol.
He was majorly impressed with the prenatal visit. We sat around in our pj's- the kids played in their rooms. Cori left and we had a relaxed lunch. Easy as pie.

I've gained 2 more pounds. I'm now up 7 in the past 10 weeks, which is when I started gaining some back.
Measuring 30.5- right on track.
Sam is still transverse, still hanging around my spine.
I think he's been doing lots of flipping, and am still not concerned at all. He was punching at the back of my cervix yesterday (OUCH), and that would be hard to do without some turning.
If he is STILL transverse at 34 weeks- we'll start doing some exercises to encourage him to turn. But he still has lots of room, lots of fluid, and lots of time.
My BP is creeping up very slowly, so we'll keep an eye on it. I'm still in a very good spot- but there is a slight trend starting to show. I've been ordered to up my protein, and stay on top of my fluids. And lay of the Campbell's chicken noodle. Lol. Consider it done.
She didn't check my iron or blood sugars today- she said we'll give it 2 more weeks. But no sugar in the urine, so that's good.
Baby's HR was great. 145-150.

I have just, in the past couple of days, gone from "I am so cute!" infatuated with my pregnant body... to "Ugh. I am so HUGE!" Can't get out of bed easily, or up off the floor. I've been drinking constantly, and peeing more often than Cotton (which says a LOT if you know him).
The heartburn has increased greatly (but how much do I love Zantac?), I've had a few braxton hicks, and I am having some other pregnancy related discomforts that I'll spare you the details on.

In 4 weeks we'll get a list of things to do, to prepare for the birth. Wow.
It's a little nuts how fast things are moving! BUT at the same time, I'm betting they will slow down to a painful crawl very soon!
Next visit in 2 weeks...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! 10 weeks or so till I can meet Sam!!! :o)

We'll be home very late Friday night and miss you guys!

CNH said...

I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait to see sweet Sam and hear all about your awesome, empowering home birth with Cori. And then, good God, I'll be doing it 10 weeks later. SLOW DOWN would ya?!?!? ;)

And if you can swipe me a camera from someone, I'll do your birth photography. :)