I am SO done with Christmas shopping. FINALLY!
Cotton and I had a lovely date night last night.
Dinner, shopping, dessert, and more shopping.
The kids had an AWESOME time with Alex. Lucy really loves her, and Jacob doesn't mind her either. I'm most impressed with Lucy- because she hasn't reacted like this to another adult since Miss Tanya, her dance teacher. When we came home last night, Lucy was hugging Alex randomly, and holding her hand while she talked to her. Awwww....
and so sweet... when I told Alex that Lucy does NOT act that way towards many people, she seemed to tear up a bit.
I'm glad those two have each other- they both need more people to love them. Don't we all, though?
I'm so happy that we found such a sweetheart to adopt into our family!
I think our last "date" was when we were trying to get pregnant with Sam. I remember going to dinner, and stopping to buy pregnancy tests on the way home. Lol. So it has to have been JUNE!!! That is the only time I took a test, and passed it, of course. ;-) Holy cow! That's a long time!
We spent WAY too freaking much. We planned to tone the holiday down this year. Just buy the kids a few things, and go light on the toys.
Well, we succeeded in going light on the toys. The rest... psshhhhh...
Cotton got them each new little chairs as soon as we started shopping. $60 right off the bat!
Then he wanted to get Jacob a basketball and a fishing pole, and Lucy a baseball glove, and some new pajamas. And not the cheap ones... oh no! Only the best for HIS kids! And then we picked up many other various things that they can't possibly do without. Lol. I basically followed behind, pushing the cart while he piled it high. At a few different stores, no less.
Oh well. Who cares. It's Christmas. Tis the season to be broke, right?
He was definitely in full-Cotton-form last night, too. We had so many people laughing and talking to us in Target. For one thing, just about everyone we knew was out shopping last night. A familiar face on every aisle.
Then ding dong was carrying around a little mini-keg of Heineken, and saying "I keep telling her to lay off this stuff. She's 6.5 mos pregnant for god's sake."
And telling random shoppers "She's getting on my nerves."
I had a couple of women say "He's fun to shop with, huh?" Lol. I should have offered to let them shop with him! :-P
Of course- lest I bitch too much- he did also ask a few random folks, including our server at dinner "Hey, isn't my wife just beautiful?" Awwwwwww.... I guess I'll keep his goofy ass.
So then today I took Miss Thang to buy for "the boys." She is so cute- and really really into this whole gift buying thing. She loves every second of shopping for others!
*I* am done. Cotton still has to take the kids to shop for me. He already got HIS gifts for me, but the kids haven't gotten to go yet. It looks like he'll be going early on Monday (gasp) since he is working most of tomorrow and on Monday evening.
Tomorrow will be my day of rest. I treated myself to a new book (or 3) today, and I have gifts to wrap.
So. Many. Gifts. To wrap. The only things under our tree are the gifts for all of the kids' cousins (and a big thanks to Alex for helping the monkeys wrap all of those!)
Everything else is stashed in random spots around the house.
I plan to spend all day tomorrow wrapping and reading and resting. My poor back is aching from 2 days of non-stop going, and I think I'm having braxton-hicks contractions. My belly is so sore. :-(
Maybe when Cotton gets home we can bake cookies and watch Christmas movies. And make fajitas... mmm...
It is officially the 23d of December!
In 48hrs or so, Santa will be making his delivery! Jacob and Lucy have been working really hard at staying off that naughty list- and I have a hunch that the big guy will reward them. But, of course, I have no way of knowing for sure. Lol.
Yet More Feeling Better Girl Lunches
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment