Saturday, June 02, 2007

Relay For Life

Well, it's done.

First of all, we had a BLAST!
The team raised $3011 for American Cancer Society! Woo!
$405 of that was raised by yours truly... go me!

Of course, if there was ever any doubt... I won the costume contest. I was dressed as SuperMom, and had my Spiderkid and Superdaughter in tow. :-D
So YAY!

The downside is that we got rained out. At about 12 midnight, they shut the event down due to a big storm rolling in.
We all broke down camp FAST and made a mad dash to the cars.

BUT... in all the chaos and confusion, I ended up with a big bag of baked good in my cooler, and 2 big trays of cookies! Lol!
We had a bake sale set up, but nothing sold. Now there is probably about half of it on my kitchen table. YUM!

I'll add some pics later... I didn't take a single one- but a couple of friends took lots!

Oh, and I got to meet a sweet new baby. Born just 1 week ago to a very special friend. Awwwww....
She was almost enough to make me forget why I was there!

No comments: