Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A milestone

I've been putting this moment off with Lucy for as long as I could.
We even had a slight need to "go there," but I just wasn't ready.
I guess, as parents, we think we can control these things. Truly- we cannot.

Yesterday we were grabbing a few things at the dollar store, and cruised down the toy aisle just for kicks.
Jacob finda a Spiderman and a Hulk that he needs. Okay, fine. I never tell him no. Lol!

Lucy is looking at dolls, carefully considering which baby she might want to take home.
She comes running to me with a box. "Dis one, dis one!"
I say- Oh, Honey, it's a Barbie.
her: I want the bawbie, I want da bawbie.
me: Look at the sweet baby. She has brown hair like you.
Her: I want dis bawbie. And 1, 2, 3 bawbies. (grabs a couple more)
Me: Umm... Errrr... Really? Barbies? (but you're only 2! Boohoo!)

So... we left the store with 2 barbies. By the time we made it to the next store, 15 minutes later, they were both naked. She carried the naked barbies all around the grocery store with her too.

I guess that big dollhouse will finally get some use. We have officially entered the world of naked Barbies. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

katertoter said...

I don't think those things will ever go away! Good luck, you might just have to cave and get her the barbie jeep.
~katie