Tuesday, October 17, 2006

the best days of my life

Sometime in July, 2000- I became a believer in love at first sight
February 26, 2002- I married my best friend, my other half

April 24, 2002- I gave birth to the most beautiful boy in the world
February 11, 2004- my little sidekick came into the world

March 15, 2005- we were handed the keys to our first home
August something, 2006- we took our little family to the beach for the first time

October 12, 2006

I GOT MY BRACES OFF!!!



Do you have any idea how it feels to dislike something about yourself for your entire life? To eventually accept it, but not forget it.
I was used to my teeth. I was okay with them. Cotton fell in love with me, married me, told me I was beautiful daily- just the way I was.
But I told him that my kids would have braces. That my teeth really affected my confidence, my self esteem... that it was okay for me, but not for my kids.

He made me do it. I cried, I stressed, I fought him. But I went and got the braces. I endured 2 years and 4 months of physical pain, insecurity, endless appointments and an ANNOYING secratary. Not to mention the $$$ we spent.

And now it's done. My teeth are gorgeous, straight, and healthy.
I can't stop smiling. I flash them at everyone I see! I quite possibly spend hours a day looking in the mirror.

I'm happy. So happy. :o)

1 comment:

christine said...

um excuse me...where is the "date i met my bff?" i think i'm a little offended...lmao