Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The tooth

Saturday afternoon Jacob was happily riding his bicycle (or his "Bipickles" as Lucy calls them) around the patio. Suddenly we hear screaming, and Cotton carries Jacob in with blood running out of his mouth.
We calm him down, as best we can, and start looking for the source of the blood. It's all coming from around one of his front teeth. Greeeaaat.
I tentatively put my finger to it, scared to death. Yep, it wiggles. Not a lot, but it definitely moves.

It's Saturday afternoon, and this doesn't qualify as an emergency- so we decide to watch it and wait for Monday.
Then today- before I get a chance to call the doctor, Guess what?
Lucy bangs the back of her head against the front of Jacob's face.
A little more blood, and a little more wiggle.

So- we met the new dentist here in town. Nice guy. He has his own 4 year old.
He said it's "not bad enough to pull. It may fall out on it's own, and it may change colors. Or it MAY just tighten back up and last him another couple of years."

Let's all hope for that last option!

Later on in the day, we stopped by Michelle's, and what does my child do? Jump on the trampoline (which is bad enough after a tooth is knocked loose!)- with a whistle in his mouth! AAAAaaaaaaaa! I ran screaming and confiscated that thing, faster than I even knew I could move! Lol!

My baby is definitely changing into a little BOY! And I have a feeling this is just the beginning!

No comments: