Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A first time for everything

I had a car accident today. :o(
In 11 yrs of driving, I've only had 1 other: when I was rear ended at a red light.

Today, I was coming off the ramp and getting on the highway, and completely ran into this other car. I guess they had to have been in my massive blind spot. I never knew they were there until we were side-by-side.

It barely knocked the paint off of both cars, and some very minor dents. They were a very sweet older couple, and they refused to take my insurance info. That was the man's idea, his wife had already given me theirs (which I promptly put back in her hand).
It will be so much easier for each of us to fix our cars CHEAPLY than go through all the red tape and crap.

Nobody was hurt. The kids didn't even realize anything had happened. They were singing and eating chips in the backseat through the whole thing. When we pulled over, Jacob was like "Why'd you stop, Momma?"

My back is really hurting now, and stiff... but I think it is just from the stress of the incident. I couldn't have possibly been injured with such a small impact. We'll see how I feel in a couple of days...

Lucy was so sweet- she kissed the boo-boo on the van. :o)
I'm sure my paint & body next door neighbor guy can hook me up for next to nothing. I just have to catch him outside.

So... all in all- I had a crappy day. But it could have been so much worse!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I'm so glad y'all were ok! I was in a bad accident a few years ago with both my boys (one was injured pretty badly) after nearly 20 years of safe driving...so I know what a horrible feeling it is and how thankful you are when you think about the "could have beens"...