Friday, August 11, 2006

and we're back!


Galveston was AWESOME!
I always get mixed reviews from everyone about Galveston. Let me tell you- for a weekend away, with kids, where you don't spend a million- GO! It is great! I didn't want to come home!
3 days was definitely not long enough!

Granted- the first beach we tried was a little nasty. The sand was pretty dark, and there was a ton of sea weedy crap everywhere. But the next day we tried another one, and it was pretty good. And we didn't even venture out to Crystal Beach- so I am guessing it was even better.
The kids loved playing in the sand. They weren't too crazy about the waves hitting them, so we didn't do a lot of swimming.

Cotton and I loved driving up and down the seawall. We were just like "aaaah, ocean." So relaxing.

Moody Gardens was amazing. Worth every penny of the $39.95 admission! (eek!!!)
Of course, Jacob was 3 that day- $40 is a little steep to pay for HIM to get in.
The aquarium was awesome! The rainforest was really cool. The 4D IMAX was SO much fun, and the fact that they were showing SPONGEBOB was perfect!
The kids loved the "ship," aka the paddleboat. It was a ton of fun to cruise around the bay and drink pina coladas (which I don't even like, but THESE were YUM!)
Next trip- we'll get the 2 day pass to the gardens for the bargain price of $49.95.

We ate some good food.
The first night we went to this mexican place called Tortuga. YUMMY! They had a lady pushing around a guacamole cart. :drool: I think she just needs to follow me around every day!

We also went to the Rainforest Cafe. I wasn't overly impressed- but it is one opf those places you have to try at least once- especially if you have kids.
The food was *okay*, and the atmosphere was kind of disturbing for little guys. It was WAY too loud in there.
We visited their gift shop and loaded up on souveniers. Cotton got me a cute pink shell necklace, and Lucy a pink and white one to match me... awwwww!

Blogger is officially KILLING me! More pics to come... LOTS more...

1 comment:

Colleen said...

You're right, Galveston has really improved over the last few years!! And now they have a Schlitterbahn water park! I'm dying to take the kids...