Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Their first? Really?

On Sunday we hit a couple of garage sales, and then took the kiddos out for sno-cones. And we *think* that those may have been the first sno-cones ever!
Now please, don't call protective services. I'm not sure how my kids made it 6 and 4 years without sno-cones, but I assure you they had plenty of ice cream cones, popsicles, and whatever other frozen treats a child needs to survive Texas summers.
And now that they have had sno-cones, we will probably have to supply a steady stream of them for the next 3 months. Darn the bad luck... Lol.

I had a pina coloda with ice cream in the bottom. Mmmm... if only I had had a shot of rum handy... it would have been perfection...

Jacob had blue coconut

Lucy had cotton candy
Cotton had blue coconut (don't make faces like that if you don't want them on the blog!)

And Sam had a few little chunks of ice, after I sucked the syrup off of them

After the first 2 "bites," he started opening his mouth for the spoon, like a little baby bird! So cute! He thought that eating stuff was pretty cool! He's halfway to solids, we'll see if he holds out for 6 months!

The sno-cone stand was really cool. They had picnic tables (one in the shade even, lol) with checker boards and tic-tac-toe boards painted on them, and checkers hanging in buckets on the ends of the tables. Quite the nifty little hangout!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aww, so cute. Where is this?