Monday, June 23, 2008

here's something interesting

I love food blogs. I can sit and read them and drool over the pictures for hours.

But... I really don't cook.

I won't even give you lame excuses like "I have 3 kids," or "I can't cook." Because I could.
True, the clingy baby and wild children would make it a long, stressful process some days.
I am just not motivated to cook. Not like that.
That kind of thing requires #1- planning (I kind of fly by the seat of my pants). #2- shopping carefully (with a 4yo, 6yo, and 3mo in tow- likely 2 of the 3 will be crying at any given moment). #3- energy (sigh). #4- time (sigh). #5- an attention span (yawn). Oh, and also researching recipes in there somewhere.

Sometimes I cook. And I am pretty darned okay at it when I make an effort.
I can satisfy the bellies of all the men in my life. ;-) And I take great pleasure in doing so. (Lucy is slightly difficult right now, but I call that "being 4")

I have a little fantasy of me in the kitchen (let's make it a gleaming kitchen- this is my fantasy after all, lol) chopping fresh herbs from my little garden... delicious things simmering on the stove, the baby beating a wooden spoon on his high chair, the children playing sweetly in the next room...
and oh the things I could make.

Maybe I should start cooking (really cooking) a little more.
There are certainly plenty of arguments for it...
Not too many reasons NOT to...

Hmmm....

No comments: