Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tagged by Shannon

Sorry it has taken me so long to play along!
8 interesting things about me, hmmm.... define "interesting. Lol.

1. I'm a collector. Of everything. If I like something, I want 20 of them. Seriously.
Drives Cotton NUTS, as he is more of a minimalist.
Books, fabrics, pens, wine glasses, earrings, picture frames, scrapbook stuff, flip flops, hairbows for Lucy... I have boxes and bins of things that I never use, but NEEDED.
My recent obsession- just guess... Baby stuff.

which brings us to #
2. I am also a keeper. I hate to get rid of anything. Again, Cotton could kill me for it.

3. I used to LOVE animals. Not so much anymore.
I love Emmitt, when he isn't being annoying. That's about it. I don't like any other animals. They kind of gross me out. The exception being new puppies and kittens. But I have come to realize that they always grow up, and that is enough to kill the cuteness.

4. I secretly want a career helping women. More specifically mothers. I used to think post-partum nurse or lactation consultant, or maybe some type of counselor... Now Cotton has me pegged as a future midwife, due to my constant jabber and excitement over the upcoming birth. I have a passion for mothers. One day, when the demands of BEING a mother are not quite as constant, I'll pursue some avenue of it.

5. I have the most horrid memory of anyone I know. Faces, names, events... you name it, I forgot it. I pride myself on being a fairly intelligent person, but my memory SUCKS!

6. I love my babies too much. Yes, everyone loves their babies, but I often wonder if I am some type of freak. I want to touch them constantly, have them near me always... my infants almost never leave my arms, and it kills me to drop my big kids off- like at school or a friend's house.
I drive away feeling like I have rocks in my stomach. :-(
Almost nobody "gets" that. Shouldn't I be used to it by now? Luckily, Cotton feels the same way.

7. I can't wear socks. My toes are claustrophobic. If I do wear socks, or "real" shoes- I must have them off the very instant I get home. Barefoot and pregnant- that's me!

8. I am not cool anymore (if I ever was). I am not fashionable or hip. And I am fine with that. I am me, and apparently "me" is kind of a dork. Kind of a hippie. Kind of a tomboy. Not at all chic. :-P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#7, That is totally me! It can be freezing cold and I have on sandals! lol