Monday, November 12, 2007

In exactly 4 months- March 12, 2008

Samuel Beau is due to make his appearance.

I dreamed of this baby, wished for this baby, and tried to convince myself that I didn't need this baby.
But my dreams are coming true- because he is kicking away in my belly as I type.

And now we prepare for his arrival.

All of the "stuff" is coming together. Most of it being self-collected, as I fish around for great bargains.
Some of it given to us, because I have the very best friends a girl could ask for!

(Thank you SO much Mel, for the awesome swing and bouncy chair! I am just giddy over them!)

And now we are making plans for the big day- The Birth.
The birthing of my last 2 babies was okay. They were evicted from the womb by drugs, but came out healthy and happy.
The worst part was having them whisked away for stupid BS like blood sugar tests and "shift change," and having my arms ache for hours while I awaited their return. Or having some nurse tell me I HAD to give Lucy formula, which set me into a crying fit. Or just drifting off to sleep, and having someone sneak in- peer down my underwear, and then steal my baby in the dead of night. Or not having so much as a sip of water for 12 hours....
Oh, and the hardest part ever was leaving my sweet baby boy for 3 days while I gave birth to his sister. I'm just not one of those "hospital vacation" people. More power to ya if you are.

I want my entire family within arms reach, at all times. Whenever possible.
I want my kiddos to be right there when their brother takes his first breath. I want their sweet little hands and kisses to be among the first human touches he ever feels. And I don't want him out of my sight EVER. Once I have Sam in my arms- I don't want to put him down for about 30 years. Lol.

So....
I've switched care providers. Birth locations, too.
From now on, my health, and Sam's health- lies in the hands of ME first of all, and secondly Cori, my midwife.
My precious baby is going to be born at home! Into his Daddy's hands. Into the welcoming arms of the people who love him. His family. Into a calm, peaceful bubble- where Mommy is happy, Daddy is happy, and big brother and sister are happy.
Don't be surprised if no one hears from us for weeks! ;-)

And more news- almost as thrilling if you ask me, lol.
The Birth Photographer has agreed to shoot our birth.
What a treasure those pictures will be!
Nicole is such an amazing talent, not to mention such a giving soul.
In the pictures of my last 2 births, well... not many pictures of ME. Was I there? I seem to remember something about the experience. Hmmm...
And of course- the first pictures EVER of Sam will be stunning. Perfect.
I've been watching slideshows on her site and just bawling. I can't wait to see my sweet angel.

I feel like all of the pieces are falling into place.
We are gearing up for the most amazing experience of our lives.
Of course the days my other babes were born were awesome. But I can only imagine taking THOSE days, and improving every little thing. Doing it MY way, surrounded by all of my favorite people. Having my sweet daughter rub my back while I'm hurting. Having my sensitive boy holding my hand and looking at me with his soulful eyes.
And the result of all my hard work- something very like the 2 of them. And a gift TO them.
I just can't wait!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so happy and excited for you! And, the comment about wanting Jacob and Lucy to be among the first human touches Sam feels? OMG, that just makes me tear up and makes my heart melt. How sweet.

Shannon said...

I am so happy for you! :o)

I cannot wait to meet little Sam.

Chelsea said...

That was possibly the best/sweetest blog post I have ever read! It is going to be so perfect! I am so excited for you and your family!

Rebecca said...

You are so gifted with words - that was beautiful!

I want all of that for you, and I'm so excited that you're getting it! :D

CNH said...

We're having basically the same birth! :-)

I know I've said it before, but I wish you well. My first home birth after two inductions (that sound a lot like yours) Blew! My! Mind!