I had an appt with my favorite doctor ever (our GP) today.
She is so cool. It's just like hanging out with one of my girlfriends, only she has a prescription pad. Lol.
While there, Lucy was hacking up a storm, so she had a listen to her lungs for me, And suggested I take her to the pediatrician.
So I do and...
bronchitis. Dammit.
I really hate coughs. The child feels okay, and hasn't had a fever, but has been coughing for a week. How the hell am I supposed to know she has bronchitis?
I never know when to take them in, yk? It sucks!
So, of course, they want to see Jacob. He's been coughing too. And bronchitis is contagious.
I pick him up from school and take him in.
He looks pretty good, not even coughing today (that I have heard- he said "I coughed some")- but his airway sounds "tight." So he gets antibiotics as well, to be on the safe side.
So big pregnant me, tired Jacob, and sick, tired, difficult Lucy go to Wal-Mart to pick up our called in prescriptions.
I stand in line for, I kid you not, 30 minutes. Lucy keeps running off, Jacob is trying to corral her for me to no avail. Finally get the the counter- None of the Rx are ready.
So I put Lucy's butt in a cart, where she lies down and whines about not feeling well (alternated with occasionally trying to climb out). We walk around for over an hour, trying not to spend money. Check back 2 or 3 times. FINALLY the meds are ready.
Money spent today: $10 for my meds and $149 for the kids'. Oh, and $60 in copays. Holy friggin cow. Plus about $40 in vitamin supplements that I needed.
Right before Christmas, of course.
Bad mom confession:
My high point today is that we got got some Rx strength cough syrup. They were asleep within 15 minutes of taking that stuff.
Sue me for liking it.
They NEEDED it, I am exhausted, my back feels broken, and Cotton is still at work at 9:38PM.
Yet More Feeling Better Girl Lunches
1 year ago



2 comments:
Hope everyone feels better ASAP!!!
Hope you all feel better soon! I like the cough medicine that knocks them out, too. ;)
Post a Comment