Friday, May 18, 2007

and it's over...

We had the end of the year picnic for Jacob's preschool today.

Here are Batman and Batgirl, just being cute.
(yes, he has Spidey things on his arms- today we are calling them "bat chargers," lol)




I think she is honestly starting to be just as into superheroes as he is!
She sits and watches Batman with him every day, and has perfected her web sling hand!
Oh, and she asked for a "black Spiderman shirt." How many 3 year old girls even KNOW about the black Spiderman?


Okay... back on topic... excuse my rambling!
Here's my big boy saying goodbye to his first teacher :-(
This was kind of hard on all 3 of us!



And just for comparison, Here he is starting preschool- August 2006


He looks so LITTLE! This was only 9 months ago! Boy has he grown this year!



Miss McC was pretty tearful at the picnic today. I was too (but what else is new?).
The kids hugged her goodbye, and I told Lucy "Now she's YOUR teacher. Jacob gets a new one at kindergarten..." Which double choked me up. Lol. One starting kindergarten and one starting preschool... I'm going to be an absolute WRECK this fall!

I am so excited that Lucy will get to be with Miss McC for 2 years, though.
She is a wonderful, loving teacher. And the affection she feels for the little folks is just obvious.
Lucy adores her, too. Talks about her all of the time- which is rare with Lucy and an adult!
I can at least feel okay knowing that my BABY girl is going to be in excellent hands.

Now, don't ask me how I feel about kindergarten. Not unless you've got a bottle of wine and a few hours to kill. :-P

No comments: