Sunday, April 01, 2007

Eggs, Bubbles, and a Bug

I am a bad, slacker mom.
Jacob had to go through almost 5 years of life, never having dyed an Easter egg! Well- last night- I finally gave in! I decided that it was time to get messy, and waste a bunch of eggs- and let my kids have colored fingers for a week!
I had to enlist some prefessional help, though. Someone that had dyed many eggs in her day, and my day...
GRANDMA!

She made it easy on me- we did it at her house.
She mixed the dye, boiled the eggs, and bought ridiculous hats (why hats? I dunno! Lol)

So here we go!
"Hmmm... it's green!"

Unknowingly- Jacob and I drew the same thing on our eggs! :-D
Baby girl applies some stickers

Here's the finished product

Grandma coaches him on technique


Proud of a multi-colored egg
(Holy cow, he looks just like a 4yr old me in this one!)

Afterwards- we headed outside to do some bubble blowing.
CHEEEEEZZZZE!

While these are definitely not our first bubbles ever- we had tons of fun with them, and I have lots of cute pics to prove it!

Look out! ;)


Grandma aims for quality bubbles


Papoo goes for quantity

Group shot-


Little miss... the shirt says it all

Then we found a roly-poly!
"Are you sure it's not gonna bite me?"


"Okay then, it's kinda cool..."


The bug

So now I have a fridge full of hard-boiled eggs, and no idea what to do with all of them!

But the kids had a blast, both sets of kids. Heehee.
And I am over my egg-phobia, so my kids can have a normal childhood from now on! ;)









No comments: